FFS!

#5 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

I have my hydro bill as my only paper bill. How do i go about recieving my monthly invoice ?

Edited by Jenn1980, 15 June 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#6 cheesecake

cheesecake

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

UGH!!! Not impressed.

#7 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

ds is not going to be happy, he is expecting his nintendo tts chip to come in. I was at purolator yesterday (picking up my little tykes spare tires)and the lady was saying that with the strike that they have been so busy so you need to make sure you bring in your slip otherwise they are not handing any parcels out even with proper id.

#8 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Great... Looks like I'll be laid off if they don't figure this out ASAP. Flipping people and their fights affecting everyone. I hate this.

#9 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

I went and just pre-paid all my bills so we are pretty much caught up till July bills come in other then not sure how much CA will cost so I did a roughly. Just call your companies you deal with if you need a exact number to pay.

Stand united CUPE !!!

#10 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

I have my hydro bill as my only paper bill. How do i go about recieving my monthly invoice ?

you can call the hydro company and they usually tell you your balance on the automated service

#11 DoubleD

DoubleD

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

I agree with the Ugh statement!

#12 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

you can call the hydro company and they usually tell you your balance on the automated service

lol, as long as i remember to do so lmao

lol, as long as i remember to do so lmao

#13 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

CRAP!!!!

#14 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

Why would I want to send my 67 year old dad a father's day card anyway?

#15 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

hahaha well fathers day is sunday if you havent sent it yet it wouldnt have got there on time anyway

#16 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

My 2 are fed ex'ing their father's day package out.

#17 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

There are volunteers so apparently we will still get certain cheques. Child tax benefit will be delivered (if you don't do DD) but UCTB will not be.

#18 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

hahaha well fathers day is sunday if you havent sent it yet it wouldnt have got there on time anyway

Hey, shhh, he doesn't have to know thatt!

#19 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

But people will switch to ebill, and then they will lose all that business. Creating less income and layoffs, or job losses.

#20 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

But people will switch to ebill, and then they will lose all that business. Creating less income and layoffs, or job losses.

a lot of people have already switched to that which is why canada post says the mail volume is down by more than 17 percent

#21 mysticmom

mysticmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

I haven't but will have to now. And I will not switch back, so they will lose all the more.

#22 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

hmmm Canada Post. Sneaky buggers. Don't worry folks, I have a feeling they will be back to work by Monday. Why? Well, appaaaaarrrently the reason why they went on a rotating strike is because if they went on a full blown strike the gov't would demand them back to work. Well, since parliament is out as of this friday and not back in until september, Canada Post is like hmm lets lock them out because the gov't will make them go back to work and then they are screwed and cannot strike again. This is what I think is going down anyway...

#23 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yay to them choosing the RIGHT carrier! (lol sorry a bit biased....)

#24 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Great... Looks like I'll be laid off if they don't figure this out ASAP. Flipping people and their fights affecting everyone. I hate this.

Sorry as I dont know much about the particulars over what they are fighting over --- but did I read correctly in the paper that CUPW is fighting again for benefits of FUTURE HIRES (said all current would get wage increase, pension protected, etc)

Can we say garbage strike all over again???

#25 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

I purolated it...expensive though, is fed ex cheaper?

#26 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

Cheaper doesnt alwasy mean better! ;) ...and they are probably close to the same cost (depending if you requested next day or just ground service)

#27 PookersMom

PookersMom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

they say that mail is down...I get that we don't write letters and so many pay bills online BUT shopping online is HUGE and so many people use canada post for delivery of those parcels. I would bet that it all evened out.

#28 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

moved all new accouts not sent up on ebill yet becuse new accout #
not fun at all

i had to get new account # when you move

#29 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

We already pay everything online, but there are a couple one time pieces of mail that I was waiting on and I'll be VERY annoyed if this strike doesn't end ASAP!

#30 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

The only mail we ever got was junk mail anyways - already had everything sent to my email anyways.... but a little disappointed for dd. We are doing an international post card swap (have already received mail from Italy and Australia) and we have some post cards that need to be sent out..... but I'm in no rush..... sadly, I've not followed the issues in this dispute, so I cannot speak to that...

#31 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

Well so whats wrong with people being inconvienenced for a few days. Its not like its a garbage strike.
People DO HAVE alternatives this time, they can use fed ex. People can get account and bill information from the utility companies and pay at the bank or on line.
I really dont think its that big of a deal. Sometimes I think people take for granted the systems we have in place.

#32 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Well so whats wrong with people being inconvienenced for a few days. Its not like its a garbage strike.
People DO HAVE alternatives this time, they can use fed ex. People can get account and bill information from the utility companies and pay at the bank or on line.
I really dont think its that big of a deal. Sometimes I think people take for granted the systems we have in place.

It is a big deal for those of us that run small businesses and depend on Canada Post for survival. There are no other viable shipping alternatives for me. I looked into other couriers and the quotes were three times the price of what I pay with CP, that's more than the product itself is worth and no one would pay it. So until this strike is over my business has essentially come to a halt.

#33 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

I just priced a package through FedEx, Purolator, and UPS. Fedex was by far cheaper! It was $9.10 for a 3lb box. The others wanted over $20! If I had ExpressPosted it as originally planned, it would have been $13.

#34 mysticmom

mysticmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

I will be checking FedEx from now on when sending to Nova Scotia.

#35 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Don't worry guys, they will probably be back to work by Monday...

From the Windsor Star:

Canada Post employees expected the federal government to order them back to work after employees at distribution centres and letter carriers, including those in Windsor, were locked out Wednesday.

A couple dozen Canada Post workers carried picket signs Wednesday on Pitt Street at the Ouellette Avenue depot where letter carriers pick up mail and at the Walker Road processing plant.

Conservative Minister of Labour Lisa Raitt said the government will table back-to-work legislation to end the labour dispute likely on Monday because of the strike's impact on the economy and the public. It's expected to pass next week.

If ordered back to work, contract negotiations are expected to go to an arbitrator for resolution, a union representative said.

Canada Post urban employees were on a 12-day rotating strike that came to Windsor Monday when the company locked out employees at 11 p.m. Tuesday. The company said it had lost $100 million in revenue and the union and its employer were far apart on outstanding contract issues.

Raitt said the standoff is a great disappointment "because of the effect it has on Canadians and the Canadian economy. As a result, tonight we will be putting on notice legislation to restore mail delivery for service for Canadians." Raitt said Canada Post and the union have had "ample opportunity" to reach a deal. "Therefore, on behalf of Canadians in general, and because we have a strong mandate on this economy to make sure it recovers, we have acted."

On its website Canada Post said, "we believe that a lockout is the best way to bring a timely resolution to this impasse and force the union to seriously consider proposals that address the declining mail volume and the $3.2-billion pension deficit."

Talks between Canada Post and its employees are stalled over the pension shortfall, introducing a new twotiered wage system for new hires who would make $6 to $8 less than existing employees doing the same job and the elimination of a defined pension benefit for new hires, said John Vigneux, president of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers Local 630 representing about 550 local workers.

"If I'm working next to you and you are making $6 more per hour than me, there is something off there," Vigneux said.

Some of the changes Canada Post is seeking from its employees reflect the dramatic concessions made by unions in the auto industry before Chrysler and GM headed into bankruptcy. In 2008 the CAW agreed to a wage freeze, benefit cuts including the loss of vacation time and a reduction in pension entitlements.

The Canada Post labour contract dispute is also about health and safety issues, said Vigneux.

There's been a 57 per cent increase in workplace injuries since Canada Post introduced a sorting machine that organizes the mail for letter carriers, he said. Employees are being injured using the machines, as well carriers are getting hurt carting more mail and delivering on longer routes, Vigneux said.

"(Canada Post) doesn't take our side seriously," Vigneux said. "They just ignore us. There was a man in Winnipeg hit in the eye by a piece of mail coming out of the sorting machine. He was OK, but they just figured it was a one-off. It wasn't reviewed."

Canada Post gives its employees seven days a year of sick time and allows workers to carry unused days year-to-year. The company wants to scale that back and allow employees to carry over only two days. None of the sick time can be cashed out or used to retire early.

"It's a physical job," Vigneux said. "It's not a sit down job. We are going up and down stairs, running machines. We have the second highest injury rate in the country next to miners."

One Windsor lawyer, who asked that his name not be used, said so far, the strike hasn't affected him. He uses other courier services to deliver documents to clients. Another Windsor resident, who declined to give his name, said he hasn't used the mail service in weeks.

"I haven't felt the impact," he said. "That's not to say I won't."

Vigneux said he can't control how the public views the mail service, although he sees Canada Post as a service owned by the people of Canada that isn't reliant on government subsidies.

"We have the best product in town and we are the cheapest and most reliable and fastest," he said. "We go from sea to sea."

mwolfson@windsorstar.com

Copyright © The Windsor Star

Read more: http://www.windsorst...l#ixzz1PRwYMcy4