30 replies to this topic

#1 lyndz

lyndz

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

I remember awhile back several people posted that they got a reading done online from a Karen Smith, would anyone remember her website? Or if she is still doing the readings?

#2 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

She;s no longer doing readings. Sad cuz she was really good. I've yet to find someone else that I actually believe. I had one quack tell me that someone was using the occult to bring harm to my family and if I paid her $40 for a reading she'd tell me the exact date/time that a huge windfall was going to come my way.. *sigh* I've tried to email her, no response. :(

#3 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

There is a lady in LaSalle, Nancy who is good.

#4 lyndz

lyndz

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

Thanks, I've been to Nacny before, she is really good!! I just remember that this Karen Smith lady was good and reasonable priced!

#5 nainai0510

nainai0510

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

Has anyone actually had any of their predictions come true?

#6 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

I wasted my money on Karen. That's $35 I will never see again. LOL!

#7 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

A lot of things that she (Karen) had said past and present were/came true. One of the most shocking, yet peace bringing was when she did a reading for me called 20 things your spirit guide wants you to know. #6 was "Ernie is at peace with Derek". 2 months earlier my father in law (Ernie) had passed away from cancer and I was having a really hard time dealing with it because he wasn't ready to go and he was really scared. It made me feel so at peace to know that he was ok and that he was with Derek (my nephew who was killed by a transport truck). Another was dates to watch out for... March 4th - which was the day Ernie died, and April 26th - which was the date of my surgery. She had so many accurate things about myself, my family, my daughter. I really wish I could find someone like her again.

#8 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

I agree

A lot of things that she (Karen) had said past and present were/came true. One of the most shocking, yet peace bringing was when she did a reading for me called 20 things your spirit guide wants you to know. #6 was "Ernie is at peace with Derek". 2 months earlier my father in law (Ernie) had passed away from cancer and I was having a really hard time dealing with it because he wasn't ready to go and he was really scared. It made me feel so at peace to know that he was ok and that he was with Derek (my nephew who was killed by a transport truck). Another was dates to watch out for... March 4th - which was the day Ernie died, and April 26th - which was the date of my surgery. She had so many accurate things about myself, my family, my daughter. I really wish I could find someone like her again.

I got a reading by her and when I got it I was definitely goosebumps and stuff as I read it... but then a friend went online and did a google search on me and uncovered a bunch of the names and dates in mere minutes... scary how much stuff can be out there... then my best friend who has a very common name and very little to do with online stuff sent in and she sent a message back saying she couldnt read her and refunded the money.

#9 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

I wouldn't believe it either.. It's so easy to get quick info on people, and things that are quite personal, very easily..especially if you know how and where to look!

I don't want to burst any bubbles, but based on one search of a name in this thread I found quite a few things. Scary, really, if you think about it!!

#10 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

I agree

I got a reading by her and when I got it I was definitely goosebumps and stuff as I read it... but then a friend went online and did a google search on me and uncovered a bunch of the names and dates in mere minutes... scary how much stuff can be out there... then my best friend who has a very common name and very little to do with online stuff sent in and she sent a message back saying she couldnt read her and refunded the money.

I have a very common french name, as well as a sister in law with the exact same name. You can't see anything on my facebook unless you are on my list. friends of friends can see photos of my kid. I didn't even get my surgery date until February 2011 and I had my reading done in March 2010. People can try to discredit my reading all they would like, they already have a year ago when the original thread was posted, but it won't change my mind. Rain on people, my parade is still going.

#11 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Jenn- Did you know I could buy pics from your wedding online? lol

#12 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Jenn- Did you know I could buy pics from your wedding online? lol

link me

#13 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:07 AM

http://www.blurb.com...52525252526 Jen

Hopefully you meant here in this page!

#14 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

I dont see what the issue is? Thats a book I made of my wedding photos which was made public so family out of town could order one if they wanted. Whats that got to do with anything?

#15 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

I know she told me she couldn't read me, and then I asked her for some other reading and she said now she could read me.. and the only two names she mentioned were two names that I could find online by google that were linked to me. I think people caught on and thats why she isn't online anymore lol.

#16 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

anyone have any contact info for the lady in LaSalle?

#17 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

Yep. She's not online anymore. Not sure why.

I'm not going to get into the whole debate again. We'll have to agree to disagree. There were several things were true for me, including my baby's due date. I'll have to reread it as I forget some of the things.

#18 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

I dont see what the issue is? Thats a book I made of my wedding photos which was made public so family out of town could order one if they wanted. Whats that got to do with anything?

It's just to show what kinds of things and information I can get my hands on via the internet. I can buy pictures from your wedding, for goodness sakes! :tongue

There was more for you, that was definitely about you.. but I am not looking to rain on your parade. I just thought it was odd that basically anyone who felt like buying a picture of you, could! I'm sure that could apply to a lot of people though!

Sorry for the hijack!

#19 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

It's just to show what kinds of things and information I can get my hands on via the internet. I can buy pictures from your wedding, for goodness sakes! :tongue

There was more for you, that was definitely about you.. but I am not looking to rain on your parade. I just thought it was odd that basically anyone who felt like buying a picture of you, could! I'm sure that could apply to a lot of people though!

Sorry for the hijack!

my wedding album gives out zero information about myself other than then my theme and colours. As mentioned before, the information I was given was also about things in the future. Anyway, the point is, just because you don't believe doesn't mean others don't. I've also had readings in person that were accurate. If something makes someone else happy and brings peace to a sad/worrying family why make a point of trying to destroy that?

#20 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

That's not at all what I am doing! I definitely find it very interesting that she got dates right! I don't even know what I believe about psychics as a whole.. I believe that some people have strong intuition and can see things that some can't.

#21 lyndz

lyndz

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

The number I have for Nancy is 519-250-5283, but I know she only anwsers the phone certain time and days of the week. Not sure what they are!!!

Edited by lyndz, 21 June 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#22 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

The number I have for Nancy is 519-250-5283, but I know she only anwsers the phone certain time and days of the week. Not sure what they are!!!

she takes calls to book only on mondays between 6-8 pm... ( unless that changed)
and my mom went to her, she made me a beleiver, is was too weird the info she knew, and things that happened and stuff about extended family's life.. names, dates, places, happenings....
i would like to go to her, but kinda scared to hear stuff i wouldnt want to. She doesnt sugar coat things if you dont want them
and a bit pricey, but you can record it ( tape)

#23 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Sorry for the hijack!

my wedding album gives out zero information about myself other than then my theme and colours. As mentioned before, the information I was given was also about things in the future. Anyway, the point is, just because you don't believe doesn't mean others don't. I've also had readings in person that were accurate. If something makes someone else happy and brings peace to a sad/worrying family why make a point of trying to destroy that?

eta as I addressed wrong person

I dont think anyones trying to destroy your beliefs Mama2Gracie... but as you have your feelings about it being possible... others have their feelings that its not real... We debated the hell out of this last year and I think Danielle is right... we need to agree to disagree.. Its nothing personal.

Edited by Kiana, 21 June 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#24 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Sorry for the hijack!

I dont think anyones trying to destroy your beliefs Mama2Gracie... but as you have your feelings about it being possible... others have their feelings that its not real... We debated the hell out of this last year and I think Danielle is right... we need to agree to disagree.. Its nothing personal.

Edited by Kiana, 21 June 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#25 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

I will always give my take on this.People with a true ability shouldnt charge anyone for their services.Its unethical to profit from a god given gift.Please dont give these people your hard earned money.Instead look inside of yourself,and the answers you seek will come much clearer.Theres a reason why we shouldnt know everything.....let life unfold as it should.I suspect what you want to know,you know the answer anyway ;)

Edited by Hunnybunches, 21 June 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#26 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

I will always give my take on this.People with a true ability shouldnt charge anyone for their services.Its unethical to profit from a god given gift.

Really.... So by your logic an artist, athlete, singer, or even a particularly gifted teacher should share their gift for free??? No way! Why is there such a stigma in society that says you can't do something honorable AND get paid for it. Why is money a bad thing?

#27 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

Sorry for the hijack!

I was more so refering to people googling my information and trying to discredit what my readings have said. All I'm saying is if its not hurting you or anyone else, even if you think it foolish, just leave it be. (general you :) ) I don't take the debate personally, people are free to think/believe whatever they want, I just think they should extend the same courtesy to others.

#28 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

Nobody was googling anything to discredit anybody, at least not where I am concerned.

#29 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

I will always give my take on this.People with a true ability shouldnt charge anyone for their services.Its unethical to profit from a god given gift.

Really.... So by your logic an artist, athlete, singer, or even a particularly gifted teacher should share their gift for free??? No way! Why is there such a stigma in society that says you can't do something honorable AND get paid for it. Why is money a bad thing?

The things you've described are talents...perhaps from birth,but generally learned and created through hard work.As someone who is psychic,its a gift from the universe thats so much different than playing a piano.No matter how financially destitute I may get..I will NEVER profit from it,and I pick and choose who I help just because it isnt a joke,or for entertainment purposes.
Money isnt a bad thing,but from my perspective...it may cause people to "embellish" so that people arent dissapointed.Sometimes what I have to say or show..doesnt make sense at the time.I share because I CAN.
Youd have to have the gift to understand that there really is an unwritten karmic code that we are helpers,not takers

#30 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

With the right connections, it is VERY easy to find out a lot about someone. Also, these people work through the power of suggestion. They are good at manipulating. If you really want to see if someone is real, have them write down some specific predictions and seal them in an envelope. Don't open it until some determined time in the future and see how right they really were.

People often hear what they want to hear as well. I have yet to witness a true psychic.

#31 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

I agree with you.... but I've also found that for every true "psychic" out there, there are about 1000 more scammers!!