31 replies to this topic

#1 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

IMAX is to come mid July as far as I know and they now have chicken! The chicken sandwiches are pretty good! Chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, and chicken sandwiches.

#2 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Probably a stupid question, what is IMAX?

#3 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Imax theatres are great!!! They're having 3D movies in it too which will make it even cooler! I can't wait!

Tired Mom, http://www.cineplex..../IMAX/Home.aspx Usually they're not a flat screen, but curved all around the room so you feel like you're IN the movie kind-of! So cool!

#4 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Crazy! That would be neat to check out eventually.

#5 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

hahaha i am surprised you dont know that michelle

#6 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

IMAX is to come mid July as far as I know and they now have chicken! The chicken sandwiches are pretty good! Chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, and chicken sandwiches.

Who is the provider of the chicken?

#7 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

It's one of those things heard in passing that I just didn't really pay attention to. Kind of like the Kardashians lol.

#8 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

It's one of those things heard in passing that I just didn't really pay attention to. Kind of like the Kardashians lol.

LOL--kind of laughing now thinking your rock must be kind of big!! LOL

#9 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

LOL--kind of laughing now thinking your rock must be kind of big!! LOL

I think I will have to agree with you lol.

#10 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

They said its like $6 more though for tickets though.. like movies aren't expensive enough geez

#11 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:47 PM

Am not sure but it's pretty good, that doesn't help though. Am pretty sure though it is NOT KFC.

They said its like $6 more though for tickets though.. like movies aren't expensive enough geez

Am not sure, for 3D it's an extra $3.

#12 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

Am not sure but it's pretty good, that doesn't help though. Am pretty sure though it is NOT KFC.

Am not sure, for 3D it's an extra $3.

Yeah $6, found the article.. http://www.windsorst...0874/story.html

#13 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

So it would be 3 dollars more than a 3D ticket. So.. 15.95$ It will be ready for Harry Potter 2nd half, I'll spend the extra NO problem!

The type of movie will really determine if it's worth it, I'd say!

Edited by ~Jill~, 02 July 2011 - 08:35 AM.

#14 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

So it would be 3 dollars more than a 3D ticket. So.. 15.95$ It will be ready for Harry Potter 2nd half, I'll spend the extra NO problem!

If I am doing this correctly and you have your Scene card and use 1000 points for the movie that gets you the price of your admission off which is $9.95 so you would just be paying the extra $6. I'll have to check as I believe I've done it for the 3D before and you would only be paying $3.

#15 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Yeah it would be neat for some movies.. but expensive to do all the time!

#16 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

I'm not sure I have that many scenes points anyhow. I don't mind if I feel it's going to be really worth it!

#17 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

If you are looking to take kids, the Detroit Science Center has IMAX movies (usually educational ones). They are GREAT!
And if you have a science center membership, they movies only cost $3.00 per person.

It's a great deal. We saw the one on the Hubble telescope, and it felt like we were right there for the launching of the shuttle!

I'm not sure if I would spend all that money though for a regular movie.

#18 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

If I am doing this correctly and you have your Scene card and use 1000 points for the movie that gets you the price of your admission off which is $9.95 so you would just be paying the extra $6. I'll have to check as I believe I've done it for the 3D before and you would only be paying $3.

I've used my scene card and gotten the 3D price free.

#19 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

I've used my scene card and gotten the 3D price free.

It might just be for the coupons than. (B1G1 Free)

#20 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

I have to check what I have on mine. We have some points for sure, since we took everyone to see Cars 3D. Do you get more points for choosing 3D movies? I never check!

#21 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

I have to check what I have on mine. We have some points for sure, since we took everyone to see Cars 3D. Do you get more points for choosing 3D movies? I never check!

No. And you have to watch too. If you buy all tickets in one transaction, you only get 100 points. If say you did a seperate transaction for each ticket, you get maximum points. Whenever DH and I go to the movies, I always use the do it yourself machines, and get 200 points, instead of the 100.

#22 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

No. And you have to watch too. If you buy all tickets in one transaction, you only get 100 points. If say you did a seperate transaction for each ticket, you get maximum points. Whenever DH and I go to the movies, I always use the do it yourself machines, and get 200 points, instead of the 100.

Yeah its like one adult and 2 kids per day that you can earn point on a card.. so stupid

#23 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

Yeah its like one adult and 2 kids per day that you can earn point on a card.. so stupid

Not true, I have earned for 3 adults and 1 kid before in one day.

#24 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

Weird I looked it up to see if it changed and it still says one adult can earn up to 200 points a day from seeing two movies in one day.. they should just make family cards it would be easier.

SCENE points are awarded to members for the purchase of their own movie ticket only. A total of 100 SCENE points will be awarded per adult transaction (a maximum of two transactions per day). If you are also purchasing a ticket for a child (under the age of 14), an additional 50 points will be credited to your account per child’s ticket (a maximum of two children’s tickets per transaction, two transactions per day). SCENE members will be able to earn up to 400 points per day from the purchase of movie tickets (200 points for the member based on 2 movies per day, plus 200 points for taking two children to each of the two movies).

#25 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

Weird I looked it up to see if it changed and it still says one adult can earn up to 200 points a day from seeing two movies in one day.. they should just make family cards it would be easier.

SCENE points are awarded to members for the purchase of their own movie ticket only. A total of 100 SCENE points will be awarded per adult transaction (a maximum of two transactions per day). If you are also purchasing a ticket for a child (under the age of 14), an additional 50 points will be credited to your account per child’s ticket (a maximum of two children’s tickets per transaction, two transactions per day). SCENE members will be able to earn up to 400 points per day from the purchase of movie tickets (200 points for the member based on 2 movies per day, plus 200 points for taking two children to each of the two movies).

That's weird then. Hmm, I wonder how that one day worked then?

I do think it's unfair if they max it out. Your spending how much to take your family to the movies, you should be able to earn points for everyone you bring.

#26 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

That's weird then. Hmm, I wonder how that one day worked then?

I do think it's unfair if they max it out. Your spending how much to take your family to the movies, you should be able to earn points for everyone you bring.

Ya, if I want to take 5 kids to a movie or go to 3 movies in one day I should be able to get points for all of them lol

I like that they give you points for food now, I should get something for the outrageous prices they charge! and we should get extra points for 3d or IMAX movies too lol

#27 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

I wrote them a message because I only have 220 points from taking two adults and two kids. Nowhere did I see that they only count one adult, only that there is a max total of 400. We shall see what they say.

#28 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

It's always been you receive points on food. It had been when they first started if I remember correctly 100 points per movie but I believe it has been changed to a maximum. If you really wanted to have the points you could always make sure your significant other has a points card as well. It's either over the age of 16/18 that you can receive a points card.
You can also purchase tickets at the concession bar if you don't want to wait in line at the box office.

#29 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

Yes but you can't combine points, or transfers so you'd have to be able to have the total points needed on ONE card.. from what I understand, anyway. I find the process kind of annoying and more trouble than it's worth!

#30 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

You also save 10% on food when using your scene card. I've found it very beneficial personally. We've has close to 10 free movies in the past 5 years(mostly from the beginning of our relationship when we went to the movies all the time lol). But I always do seperate transactions for the tickets.

#31 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

It's always been you receive points on food. It had been when they first started if I remember correctly 100 points per movie but I believe it has been changed to a maximum. If you really wanted to have the points you could always make sure your significant other has a points card as well. It's either over the age of 16/18 that you can receive a points card.
You can also purchase tickets at the concession bar if you don't want to wait in line at the box office.

They just sent me an email last month saying it was new lol

You also save 10% on food when using your scene card. I've found it very beneficial personally. We've has close to 10 free movies in the past 5 years(mostly from the beginning of our relationship when we went to the movies all the time lol). But I always do seperate transactions for the tickets.

Yeah that is nice to get money off their crazy prices lol.. it costs more for the food then the movie tickets, they must make like 90% profit on them

#32 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

They just sent me an email last month saying it was new lol

Yeah that is nice to get money off their crazy prices lol.. it costs more for the food then the movie tickets, they must make like 90% profit on them

They don't make much at all on the cost of people's movie tickets so they have to make money else where in order to pay their employees and rental of building or how ever they do it. Just like everything prices sadly go up. I have probably received over 20 or so free movies. I don't go every month to get those points but I have the visa and debit card so everything adds up and I also pay for school on it each year so I get two free movies from that. When I linked the visa and debit card I received 3000-5000 points just for getting the cards. I got them when they first launched the program. I believe when I went to scotia bank recently they had a similar promotion. You can now get gift certificates towards resturants and for $100 gc it's 12,500 points and am sitting at 7,500 so by the end of the year I'll have a nice gc at the end, not bad.