43 replies to this topic

#36 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:38 AM

I agree she isn't free, and in some cases it may be harder for her on the outside than it would have been inside. No doubt she'd be a target inside too, but at least there would be people there to protect her. Outside she will not necessarily have that luxury. I can just imagine how many people around the world are absolutely fuming right now. There is no safe place for her to go anymore.

So yeah, she may not be charged, but she has a life sentence all the same, IMO. I think she is a sociopath or something like that. No one can show that little emotion after everything that went down.. The most sincere part was the emotion she showed when the verdict was read..I believed those tears. Unfortunately, they were for all the wrong reasons.

And yeah, it was clearly pointed out that they cannot, in any way, go after her for these crimes again. Not murder, not manslaughter, nothing.

#37 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

I also disagree that Baez is bad lawyer. I think he was actually very good, and though he didn't present a real defense, per say, he doesn't have to. You can build an entire defense on poking holes only. Just goes to show you can get off of murder charges without even saying anything at all to defend your own self in court.

This is a HUGE win for the defense team. They did a great job, even though it was questionable throughout, in the end they knew exactly what they were doing, and won a historic fight.

#38 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

All I can say...I wasn't in the court room. I heard only what the media released. I have no idea what was said in all reality.

A person is innocent until proven guilty. Obviously she was not proven guilty.

She was not being tried on whether she is a good person or not. That should make no difference in the outcome. What could be proven is what counts!

#39 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

They can't even determine how the child died. They only have circumstantial evidence, but no actual cause. It makes it a bit more difficult to make all the other pieces count, when in reality, she could have chocked on a chicken bone for all we actually know.

The part that is wrong, IMO, is what the media did. They painted her SO guilty from day one, and clearly they convinced everyone around that the woman was guilty, and it couldn't even be proven in the court of law. I totally believe this was a media assassination, and something has to be done about this aspect of it.

Innocent until proven guilty clearly does not apply to the media!

ETA: Just look at Nancy Grace! The lawyers took QUITE a few shots at her, and her role in the media circus!

Edited by ~Jill~, 06 July 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#40 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

They can't even determine how the child died. They only have circumstantial evidence, but no actual cause. It makes it a bit more difficult to make all the other pieces count, when in reality, she could have chocked on a chicken bone for all we actually know.

It's unfortunate that because a body of a murder victim is so badly decomposed and modern day science cannot determine the exact cause of death, it turns into a get out of jail free card for a murderer.

#41 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

It's unfortunate that because a body of a murder victim is so badly decomposed and modern day science cannot determine the exact cause of death, it turns into a get out of jail free card for a murderer.

Not so. If there is other hard evidence an undetermined cause of death will not necessarily amount to a not guilty verdict. 1 piece of a puzzle missing does not mean it will not tell you what the picture is.

There was no evidence ms anthony killed her child. They could not show a motive either (from what I did hear). I paid little attention to the case though.

#42 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

can i say one thing
rember a few years back about the Laure story(i think i could be wrong with name in Utal)
she was kicknap right out her room
and they put some in jail, he die in jail
and then it trun out it was not him
we may never know the real story about how or when she died
i hope that people can move on
and pray for the family and firends
that the little girl can RIP
and healling can be done for all
and maybe now that mothers out
they can find who did it
and bring them to court
(i know i will be alone with my op)

Edited by sims, 06 July 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#43 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

I think the chances she didn't do are slim to none, BUT I agree.. it could not be proven, so there is no real way to say for sure that she did it. It sure sounds like she did, especially with her behavior after, but they cannot prove that it wasn't some sort of a psychotic episode she was having in response. But even that is a HUGE stretch, seeing as she told no one her child was missing. I freak if I haven't seen them in 10 minutes. lol Plus she's still pretty cold and shows very little emotions.

I wonder if she'll make a statement? I'd LOVE to be in her head right now!

Edited by ~Jill~, 06 July 2011 - 12:11 PM.

#44 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

Apparently the jurors are really catching a lot of flack, though who can blame them for their decision? Here is a quote from another article I'm currently reading:

"even a casual observer knows there was no DNA evidence, no eyewitnesses, no evidence of abuse by the mother, and no one confessed. The evidence is all circumstantial and holes can be driven through anything that is not cut and dried."

There is NO proof it was Casey. Her actions after are despicable, yes, but that doesn't make a person a murderer. Even if they knew how she died, without the rest of the above mentioned things, they still would have no choice but to find her innocent. There is nothing concrete to prove she did it.