7 replies to this topic

#1 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

during the summer when everyone is off are you still making big sit down dinners? Do you try to get a few in a week or is it every day?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

we have sit down meals everyday. I have been bbqing everything! Lots of fasts stuff like burgers and salads

#3 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Depends what you mean. We always have "sit down" meals but sometimes they're simple (like burgers) and sometimes they're more elaborate. Kind of depends on who's cooking and how much time we have.

#4 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

we usually BBQ 99% of the summer. unless it's raining or I forgot to take something out of the freezer.

#5 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

We do lots of BBQ-ing too, and then I add simple salads, and seasonal veggies (ie: lots of corn! mmm! and cucumbers)

It's so easy to fill a meal with great veggies, I take full advantage. Love summer cookin'!

#6 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

Member for almost 2 years

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

I usually cook in the kitchen, we'll cook on the bbq here and there maybe 1nce a week sometimes more, sometimes less. Make things like casseroles, speghetti, chicken burgers, pizza on a tortillia, hot hamburgers,home made lasanga, chicken....

#7 VickyC

VickyC

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

We always have sit down meals, but they are not gourmet by any means. We always have a meat/starch/veggie or a pasta dish.

#8 LoveMyKids2

LoveMyKids2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

We try to have a sit down dinner every night. They are simple(it's waaaayy to hot to be slaving over a stove,lol) lettuce wraps, lots of bbq and salads, etc. 4 nights a week one person has some kind of activity(baseball, gymnastics, running, etc)so I will cook earlier than usual so we can still eat together.