5 replies to this topic

#1 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

Just in case anybody is interested I figured I'd share the info. Dd wanted to do some henna art on her skin and I picked up a kit from ShopEco that was for hair, but it's body art quality henna. It turned out REALLY well. I'm going to try to post a pic eventually, but it was quite easy to mix up and use and dd had a blast with it. I'm thinking it'd be a great idea for a teen girl's birthday party.

#2 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

Here's a pic of dd's arm and hand that she did herself. This is just after the henna paste dried and came off, so it got darker since then, more of a brown than orange.

Posted Image

Edited by emmsmama, 30 July 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#3 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

I never understood the whole "drawing on your arm" thing haha... But its something neat for the younger teenagers to do I guess. She did a good job!

#4 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

Looks awesome!
It is actually called Mehndi- it is an Indian tradition for weddings. The bride gets her hands done and cannot do any housework until the ink wears off. Sounds perfect to me!

#5 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

Looks awesome!
It is actually called Mehndi- it is an Indian tradition for weddings. The bride gets her hands done and cannot do any housework until the ink wears off. Sounds perfect to me!

Oooh, I like that tradition lol.

Just fyi for others too, the kit came with 2 x 100g pkgs. of henna and we only mixed up one of the pkgs. and we still have tons of it left in the freezer. One 100g pkg. could probably easily do 20 people, so the boxed kit will last dd quite a while, even if she goes a bit crazy drawing on herself lol.

#6 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

Wow great job. I want to do some henna for my belly dance group when we perform.