What is the worse part of the day?

#2 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

NIGHT! My kid does not sleep and seems to have a booster button hidden somewhere on her body that ups the energy around 10pm. ITS CRAZY!

#3 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

Around 2pm when i have to send my baby girl off to childcare and head to work.

#4 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

My worse part is still night time. My son is 17 yrs and still has night terrors. He's had them all his life. They're less severe and less often then when he was a younger. I hope that one day he'll not have them, although I have them and my dad had them.

Yes leaving for work and not having that time with your young child is really hard. But she knows that mommy loves her and you'll be back.

My son was like that some times..having that extra energy at night. My trick was adding more quiet time to the end of the evening. I would have an hour before bed, watch a short (30mins) video then 30mins of story time in bed with light on low. My son suffers with hyper-activity as well was other conditions that made bed time extra hard.
Hang in there...they slow down when they hit the teenage years.

#5 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

When they are in school, the worst time of the day is around noon. I have done all the running in the morning and am just about to get ready to start dinner and pick them up from school ... it is that 1-2 hours between 11am and 1pm that the house is too quiet. But the minute they are home, I wish for the quiet time back (lol).

#6 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

lately its been bedtime. ive been having such a hard time getting my kids to GO.TO.SLEEP! ack

#7 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Supper timeish

#8 mom2spiritedboys

mom2spiritedboys

Just getting started

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

During the school year it's definitely between 3 and 5pm. They are exhausted from school and grumpy and while I know they are hungry I have to fight them to eat something which then improves their mood (somewhat). Ods still has huge meltdowns during that time so its very exhausting for everyone.

#9 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

4-6pm - We call it "The Witching Hour". The kids are getting tired and hungry and DW is trying to get dinner going. Often I'll get a happy email at work about 4:30, but by the time I get home at 5:30 she's pulling her hair out.

#10 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Right now it's the middle of the night. He hasn't slept through a night in weeks! I'm getting so exhausted and he wakes up like everything is fine.

#11 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

dinner time! I am just getting home the kids are cranky and hungry. They go crazy and dh is just getting up. It is chaos. Bedtime is bad too since dd refuses to sleep before 12 am