18 replies to this topic

#1 vida76

vida76

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

Has anyone noticed the pirates place going up on County Road 22 near Belle River/Puce area? By the volleyball place (can't think of the name of it).

I think it is a crazy golf type thing, but not sure. Have googled but cant find anything. My DS will love it.

Thought I would post here, as those of you out that way might know more about it :D

#2 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

There was an article in the Windsor Star a while back. There will be 2 themed minigolf courses there. Looks cool!

#3 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

Its called: on the water miniature golf
its on county road 22 before patilo rd (after manning rd)

Welcome to Windsor and Essex Counties Ultimate Miniature Golf Facility
Here are some of the great features that set On The Water apart from all other Miniature Golf courses.
36 Holes; 'The Pirate Island 18' & 'The Lost Island 18'
Pirate & Lost Island Theme with Animatronics Displays
Animatronic Pirate Shows on their Ship
a 30 foot towering Tree House
a Realistic Prate Ship with crew, cannons and more
2 Pirate Caves & 15 Cascading Waterfalls throughout the courses
Enjoy Waterfront Dining on our Covered Deck
We have Special Party Rooms, for birthdays and other events.

On The Water Miniature Golf
Open 7 days a week!
9:00am to 12:00am

Rates:
18 Holes $9.50, Children $6.50
2nd 18 Holes $6.50
* Children 10 & under
* Group Rates $8.00 Call 735-9558 for more info.

They also have: On the Beach Vollyball
And of course: On the Green Indoor Golf

Here is the website address: http://www.onthegreenindoorgolf.com/
Here is their address: 354 Croft Dr, Tecumseh - (519) 735-9558

#4 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

Anyone know when it is opening? oh nevermind I see it says open now lol

Edited by boysrfun, 13 August 2011 - 05:59 AM.

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

I am going to look into taking ds soon. He loves pirates!

#6 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

I have been watching it being built and thought right from the start "how cool is this going to be!" I did see people playing the other day, can't wait to take the kids, but its a bit pricey!

#7 JJSMOM

JJSMOM

Member since January 2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

I have been watching it being built and thought right from the start "how cool is this going to be!" I did see people playing the other day, can't wait to take the kids, but its a bit pricey!

Same here! They really put a lot of work into that place. It took them months to do. Was excited to see it finally open. The huge working waterfall made me look twice when we went by this week and there were people playing. Can't wait to take ds!

#8 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

I plan on going next week. I'll post to say how it was.

#9 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

I went last week.. only one side was done, they were still working on the other side she said it would be open in a couple weeks. It was expensive and none of the waterfalls or anything were running.

#10 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

I went last week.. only one side was done, they were still working on the other side she said it would be open in a couple weeks. It was expensive and none of the waterfalls or anything were running.

I drive by it almost every day and the waterfalls have been on for the last few days and it looks like the whole thing is opened. If they didnt have it totally ready they shouldnt have charged you full price... ( at least in my little opinion lol ) my kids love watching the waterfall when we drive by. I too think its very expensive and wonder once the novelty wears off if people are going to be willing to pay that much for a game of mini golf. I don't know how much the other mini golf courses charge around here, but I am guessing it will be alot cheaper lol

#11 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

http://www.onthegree...ater/rates.html

here is the website
we will probaby go once and thats it.. way too expensive.
Colasantis is only $3.69 per game, and $.99 per additional game, or you can get the unlimited pass for $12.99 which includes rides and mini golf. If I am going to pay $6.50 for them to play one game of golf, I would rather pay $12.99 and let them have an afternoon at Colasantis

#12 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

http://www.onthegreenindoorgolf.com/onthewater/rates.html

here is the website
Colasantis is only $3.69 per game, and $.99 per additional game, or you can get the unlimited pass for $12.99 which includes rides and mini golf. If I am going to pay $6.50 for them to play one game of golf, I would rather pay $12.99 and let them have an afternoon at Colasantis

its $6 at silver tee, but thats for kids and adult. I had to pay 9.50 for myself at this one, plus my son they asked his age and hes 12 so I had to pay 9.50 for him too.

#13 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

http://www.onthegree...ater/rates.html

here is the website

its $6 at silver tee, but thats for kids and adult. I had to pay 9.50 for myself at this one, plus my son they asked his age and hes 12 so I had to pay 9.50 for him too.

That is crazy, it would be 2 adults and 3 kids here..

#14 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

Ack- wish I had known if was open because I would have had ds's birthday party there

#15 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

Their prices aren't that bad considering really. You have to look at the course this place provides compared to others. The holes look more challenging than ones at Silver Tee and Colasanti's. Plus it's new, and outdoors. The one at Colasanti's is indoors and some of the holes needed new carpeting when we were there. Silver Tee needs some renovations too.

#16 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Their prices aren't that bad considering really. You have to look at the course this place provides compared to others. The holes look more challenging than ones at Silver Tee and Colasanti's. Plus it's new, and outdoors. The one at Colasanti's is indoors and some of the holes needed new carpeting when we were there. Silver Tee needs some renovations too.

I spoke with someone today who took her kids there the other day and she said the holes were nothing special and they expected something more challenging, but then, it would really be up to an individual to see for themselves, so not sure, just going by what she told me.

#17 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

my fil took my oldest ds to it last week, they liked it, but $9.00 for 1 person, sorry i can't afford that with 3 kids...

#18 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

I spoke with someone today who took her kids there the other day and she said the holes were nothing special and they expected something more challenging, but then, it would really be up to an individual to see for themselves, so not sure, just going by what she told me.

Yeah it was really easy I got a lot of 2s and mostly 3s. The lady said the other side was going to be more challenging

#19 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

I went there today with my son and 2 daycare boys. Its better then the other mini golf places but its alittle to expensive to go alot. Its not that challenging considering the price. Overall it was nice place.