3 replies to this topic

#1 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

What do you think will be the biggest task to handle between school AND/OR home?

Like balancing the kids, or housework, meals? Homework? Your relationship with your S/O?

#2 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Last year on our anniversary I had to bring DH dinner at the school as his work load was a lot. That was the only way we were going to see each other on our wedding anniversary. And this was in SEPTEMBER...LOL.

That is pretty much what we struggle with the most. The fact that he had a big work load for his classes. He would get up and be out of the house by 7 ish in the morning and not come home til like 1030-11 pm. It was crazy. We have both heard that in this course in the 2nd year it's harder, the load is bigger. So I have to be creative in how we spend our time. Not looking forward to not seeing him much.

He did take some courses through the summer to try and help lessen the load, but we'll see. So that is what I struggle with.

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm nervous and excited about starting school. I know that the transition is going to be tough, especially in the beginning and I'm worried about being able to balance everything because I have a feeling that my s/o is going to continue to behave the same as he always has which means that I'm going to have double the work to do. I'm hoping he will help more seeing as I am doing this so we can all benefit in the long run, but I'm not overly optimistic. I think the biggest struggle will be balancing study time while still trying to spend enough time with dd and tackle the everyday jobs as well as some of the remaining renovations.

#4 kears

kears

was #36 joined in Mar. 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

I guess my primary concern right now is the $$! Or the lack of it. I have been at home running the daycare for 9 years, so housework has also been left up to me. This will not change though, since my school hours are less than 50% of my previous work week!

I guess we'll just see how it goes...with books and equipment and tuition...and no income!