14 replies to this topic

#1 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

I got this link via a Mothering email and these sandwich bags look really cute! They are dishwasher safe which would make them super easy to clean.

http://www.lunchskins.com/

If you use code BTS2011 you get free shipping according to the email I got.

If my kids were in school I'd totally be buying a few of these.

#2 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

Coupon code invalid but those look really cool!

#3 Kids Love Yoga

Kids Love Yoga

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Or you could just come by the store and grab pack of these
http://shopeco.ca/in...product_id=1261

#4 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

I was just looking at what stores carry them (specifically thinking of you!) They do not have you listed! Glad to hear you have them! They look great!

#5 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

I have a couple cute ones from Shopeco that we love-- very similar to the posted link.
Anita- do you have any stainless steel straws??? Thinking I might like them better than the glass ones.

#6 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Thanks! I just bought 6 of them. You don't need the coupon code(which doesn't work anyways)it still comes up free shipping. I would have bought them locally if I had thought of it :wacko:

#7 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Cool to know something similar is avail. locally!

Thanks! I just bought 6 of them. You don't need the coupon code(which doesn't work anyways)it still comes up free shipping. I would have bought them locally if I had thought of it :wacko:

I just got the coupon code in an email but I didn't try it. Glad it was free shipping anyway.

#8 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

I swear if I had a dishwasher...... there are so many of these eco things I would be buying. :(

#9 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

I swear if I had a dishwasher...... there are so many of these eco things I would be buying. :(

but why do you need a dishwasher? I re-use all kinds of freezer bags, hand wash them in side out.

#10 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Yeah-my snack bags I just wash with soap and water. Straws and such can go in the dishwasher or you can get small brushes for them.

#11 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

but why do you need a dishwasher? I re-use all kinds of freezer bags, hand wash them in side out.

Because there are SIX of us and I already feel like I do enough dishes and laundry without adding in more. lol Not to even mention the other things I need ot get done and with work it is just too much!

#12 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

I love all the cute prints you can get things in nowadays. Ds would love a lizard one.

#13 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Because there are SIX of us and I already feel like I do enough dishes and laundry without adding in more. lol Not to even mention the other things I need ot get done and with work it is just too much!

I know that feeling, 6 of us here too, instead of bags I have tupperware growing out the wazoo. the schools want litterless lunches, thats great but then it all comes home (garbage included) so I use water, energy and time on my dime instead of the schools. You should see my reusable water bottle collection.

Edited by crayons, 01 September 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#14 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

The reason I like the idea of these bags over tupperware is that they would fold flat and store in a very small space. I have a couple tupperware sandwich keepers, but I wouldn't want a ton of them in my cupboard because they would take up a lot of space.

#15 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

I know that feeling, 6 of us here too, instead of bags I have tupperware growing out the wazoo. the schools want litterless lunches, thats great but then it all comes home (garbage included) so I use water, energy and time on my dime instead of the schools. You should see my reusable water bottle collection.

I use saran wrap if they have a wrap or sandwich bags for sandwichs. I have a few tupperware containers for other parts of their lunch, but I just rewash the sandwich bags.YDS has problems getting some of the containers open, so I dont really worry about sending the plastic bags to school.