10 replies to this topic

#1 Nian

Nian

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

I love using them, love the savings, a few weeks ago I picked up 16 more that go up to 24lb. Eric is about 19lb and they are a bad fit. They keep comng undone (velcro type closure) if I tighten them then he is uncomfortable as it presses his tummy too much. Cant return them and the next size up are too loose around his legs which allows stuff to leak out, arghhhh
Are there any other solutions? What options do I have ? Different brand?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

I had an issue with some velcro ones I had for dd. If you feel ambitious you could do what I did and convert them to snaps.

#3 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

There are TONS of other options! My favourite is the cheapest/easiest method - sized prefolds (I like the gmd ones) or flats in thirsties duo covers, they should fit now and get you to potty training!

#4 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

TONS & TONS of options.
what are brand, size & style are you using?
some brands & styles just don't work on some kiddos.
Have you considered One size?
Snaps are good, but not very fun to get on to a 2 year old who is pissed that she needs her butt changed.
When i have issues with velcro becoming lose [or being played with] i just throw a pair of pants on & we're good to go.

#5 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Ya, maybe make them into snaps. I use baby kanga's with the jamtots organic prefolds. They can be used from birth to they are toilet trained. They are snaps. They are reasonably priced incase you were looking for other options. http://www.babykangas.com/

#6 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

Since you can't return them now I'd say try to convert them to snaps as other suggested, or depending on how the velcro is designed you might be able to us a diaper safety pin to secure the two velcro tabs together. You could also try putting a wool cover over the diaper to keep it secured, but that might be too warm over an aio if that is what the dipes you are currently using are.

You could also try listing them for sale on kijiji. You'd take a loss, but it's better than having a pile of diapers you can't use at all.

#7 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

You could also try listing them for sale on kijiji. You'd take a loss, but it's better than having a pile of diapers you can't use at all.

Depending on the size & brand i may purchase some from you. =)

#8 Nian

Nian

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

Depending on the size & brand i may purchase some from you. =)

The snaps were a great idea! Last night when SO got home from work he took his tools and got to work, now I have snaps on them all, and they havent come apart once, whats nice is he got rid of the rough side of the velcro and extended the snaps more over so it is adjustable and I can get longer use out of them.

It would not be very cost effective to buy anything from me as it would have to be shipped from Calgary to Windsor

#9 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

i'm glad you found a solution. =)

#10 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

The snaps were a great idea! Last night when SO got home from work he took his tools and got to work, now I have snaps on them all, and they havent come apart once, whats nice is he got rid of the rough side of the velcro and extended the snaps more over so it is adjustable and I can get longer use out of them.

Wow, he's handy and quick! Glad it worked out.

#11 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

Glad that you were able to figure out something that works =)