48 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

Unfortunitly the Mom2mom Halloween Party has been Canceled.

There simply were not enough volunteer's to help out at the party. Hopefully next year we can have the party if enough people volunteer.

Thank you to those members that did offer to help at the party and to those who offered help behind the scenes. I also want to say Thank You to the admin team for the permission to host the party.

Edited by Crafty Bear, 26 September 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#2 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

:thankyou-rose

#3 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Me and my 2 daughters, Chelsea & Tiffani will help.

#4 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

When will it be, depends on when it is I maybe able to help with the party.

#5 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Thank you Lisa & Chelsea & Tiffani
Vmbeetle: The date has the not been set yet. Its most likely going to be the saturday October 29th or sunday october 30th. The time is not set either but could be anywhere from 4pm to 8pm in a 3 hour block. The best time would be 4:30pm to 7:30pm. But willing to discuss the times with whoever is on the committee. Thanks for offering to help.

Edited by Crafty Bear, 12 September 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

It wouldn't be earlier? I think a daytime event would be better for some of the smaller ones? Just a suggestion? I know I'd be more likely to go if it were in the afternoon, rather than the evening.

#7 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

Thank you Jill for the suggestion about the time. When/If a committee is formed we will take your suggestion into consideration.

#8 Elisha

Elisha

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

I could help do stuff before bbt I want to be with dd and ds and dh to help him.

#9 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

Thank you Elisha. There are a few tasks that can be done before hand. I'll add you to my list and let you know when I first meeting is and what tasks you can do. Thanks again for volunteering.

#10 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

I would love to but thats the day we have a big Family dinner before my Grandparents go to florida for 6 months.

#11 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Thank you for replying TM3. Its looking like the party maybe not be the saturday, more like the sunday or maybe the saturday for halloween weekend. (October 22nd).
The date and times are not decided yet. The times and dates were just put out for people looking for a rough idea to see if they can volunteer for the party.

#12 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

:friends

#13 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

:cheerleader

#14 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

I'm bumping this postings up in hopes to get some volunteer's. I love halloween and I love seeing kids in costumes and having fun at a party but for the party to happen we need volunteer's.

Please sign up here or pm me. Thank you in advance for signing up.
Craftybear (Athena)

#15 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

:cheerleader
If you are interested in volunteering for the committee and helping out with the party please post below or pm me.

#16 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

I can't commit to anything until I have a date.

#17 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

The date most likely would be october 30th. The time is not set but could be anywhere from 4pm to 8pm in a 3 hour block. The best time would be 4:30pm to 7:30pm. But willing to discuss the times with whoever is on the committee.

#18 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

I can help out! My only problem is that if you have a meeting on a night where my s/o is on afternoons I will have to bring my kid. And it might just be me and my daughter at the party so might run into a problem the day of with helping with certain things but my s/o might go, not sure lol. But either way I can help out!

#19 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

Thank you TecMommY for the offer but the party has been canceled. I was not able to get enough volunteer's to help with the party. We may have one next year, if there are enough volunteer's.

#20 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

Its really hard to commit to anything when there are no concrete dates. Not everyone works Mon - Fri 9-5. If you post a date/time I bet there'd be a lot more offers

#21 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Mod or Admin..can you please delete this thread tomorrow..thank you

Edited by Crafty Bear, 26 September 2011 - 10:59 AM.

#22 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

this make me sad :(

#23 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

This is too bad. I dont even ever remember seeing and official finalized time and date to allow for people to know if they were able to volunteer. Perhaps next year we can set date and time firmly and then ask for help so people know if they are able to help out.

#24 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

How are people suppose to know if they can come volenteer when there is not set date or time.... thats ridiculous.... :dunno

#25 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

The date most likely would be october 30th. The time is not set but could be anywhere from 4pm to 8pm in a 3 hour block. The best time would be 4:30pm to 7:30pm. But willing to discuss the times with whoever is on the committee.

While this is not an EXACT time, there is a possible date. She asked for volunteers to help plan the date / time so that the party could move forward. Its a very frightening thing to plan an event on HOPES that someone will volunteer and not leave it all up to you to run the whole thing.

Athena ~ Thank You for taking the time and effort to start to plan for the Halloween Party ! ! !

#26 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Well this sucks! Perhaps give it another week or so? I mean its not even October yet .....

:( :(

#27 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

I mean you have 6 ppl already including you and myself :( Mind you I dont know how many ppl you really need but... Just don't want to see it be cancelled... Im sure others will pipe up and commit to help out when they know for sure they can be free? :(

#28 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

While this is not an EXACT time, there is a possible date. She asked for volunteers to help plan the date / time so that the party could move forward. Its a very frightening thing to plan an event on HOPES that someone will volunteer and not leave it all up to you to run the whole thing.

Athena ~ Thank You for taking the time and effort to start to plan for the Halloween Party ! ! !

yes but its not even an exact date. Its a tentative date. My schedule changes all the time so unless I have a date set in stone where I can make sure I have the time off, I cant volunteer. I book off the 30th and then someone decides they want the 29th instead and I turned down a shift for the 30th and am already scheduled for the 29th. See what I'm saying here? You can't expect people to line up and say yes I can help when there is nothing for sure here. I agree whole heartidly with Linzi, pick a date and then ask for help with it. If you can't get enough, then cancel it. How can an event be cancelled without even picking a date due to lack of volunteers?

#29 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

yes but its not even an exact date. Its a tentative date. My schedule changes all the time so unless I have a date set in stone where I can make sure I have the time off, I cant volunteer. I book off the 30th and then someone decides they want the 29th instead and I turned down a shift for the 30th and am already scheduled for the 29th. See what I'm saying here? You can't expect people to line up and say yes I can help when there is nothing for sure here. I agree whole heartidly with Linzi, pick a date and then ask for help with it. If you can't get enough, then cancel it. How can an event be cancelled without even picking a date due to lack of volunteers?

she was asking for a commitee to PLAN the party. The committe will decide on a date and a time with what is available. without people helping to plan the party it can not go on- just like without volunteers to help at the party - the party can't happen.

#30 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

the post says not enough to help out AT the party

#31 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

The problem also arises in the fact that a place will have to be booked and paid for in advance. If she can't get a committee together to even plan the event, it's kinda pointless for us to go and pay for the venue, then after the party have people complain because there werent enough people running the games etc.

#32 JeepMom

JeepMom

aka JeepFreak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

How many people did you need and how many did you have? I am sure there are many places still available to book...esp since it seems like halloween is dying out.

#33 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

I'm sure Crafty Bear would welcome the help from those who have ideas to help plan the Christmas Party. Any type of party of this calibur is a HUGE undertaking, especially in a volunteer position, and to expect one person to plan the whole thing and then try to get help/volunteers with it is what I find to be ridiculous. That's a lot of work for her to put in for a party that will *maybe* be a go *if* she can get the volunteers. I totally get this cancellation and would have made the same call.

#34 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

Thank you to those that came to my defence. I did/do not have six people to plan or work the party. I had 4 people to help plan the party and help out at the party. 1 person to do some behind the scences help but can't come to the party and I had people suggesting things, people saying them might help if/when. How can I plan a party and set a firm date when I do not know if a venue is available or if the volunteer's are available. Plannning a party is more then just set a date and hope that people sign up. I posted the date would be the 29th but had to change it to the 30th. the 30th was the date that seem to work for me and a few people. When the committee was in place then that date and the times posted would be set firm. I was not going to post a firm date without a committee is place.
I'm sorry that people here seem disapoint at cancelling the party but 5 people is not enough people to have for a party of 100. What happens if some one cancels the day before or the day of, then I'm left scrambling to fill that spot or having to scrap a game or something else. It's happened to me for the last 2 halloween party's, I was not going to have that happen again. I was going to have a committee is place before anything was set. PLain and simple!

#35 Lesserri

Lesserri

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

I may be able to help... just not sure exactly how or when