7 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

When do you do your shopping? During the day with the kids at school or another time?

#2 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

I prefer to do groceries on Thursday mornings because its quiet and everything else on Saturday/Sunday. I tend to take dd with me, unless I'm running out for something quick.

#3 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

If I can, I'd rather do my groceries and at least some errands (if they are small things) without the kids. I think of it as a personal vacation. Who knew going to no frills on a Monday evening alone could be fun lol

#4 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

No set time. My kids are older so they don't usually come with me and with them all being in school I usually go during the day anyways. I go about 3-4 times a week. I know...too many trips but I never ever know what I feel like for dinner...lol.

#5 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

During school hours for sure. The baby is much easier to handle than my busy almost 5 yr old ds.

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

I used to go after school before picking the kids up at daycare but know we go after picking the kids up and when dh gets up. I have to go with dh I can not handle ds in the grocery store by myself on top of dd

#7 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

DH goes with one or both of the kids on Saturdays lately. Whatever we need during the week (usually fruits or veggies) he'll pick up at the market after work since it's so close.

#8 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

I've rarely taken ds shopping because of his special needs. Its hard on him and me when he does come so its better for all if he stays home. But this year I've been trying to take him more because he's a teenager now and he needs to learn shopping. Still I make it small trips and infrequent.