8 replies to this topic

#1 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

When DH let her out this morning, it took her a long time to get to my bed. Then it took her 3 times to actually physically get up on the bed. And she didn't move until about 1230. So she was in my bed for 6 hours. And when I napped, she napped differently with me, like had her face in mine. Then when I got up, I made them go outside and it took her a LONG time and she had a hard time getting out of the bed. Plus she is very slow walking, and now she is just sleeping on the couch(and she had a hard time getting up on it)and shes not herself. Usually when i go towards her she starts wagging her tail furiously, and nothing.

So once DH gets home or my mom comes over, based on her reaction to them I will be able to tell if something is wrong or she is just being extra lazy. If still nothing, I will be calling the vet.

For the record she is only 3.

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

oh no hope its only a little bug she has
hugs praying for her

#3 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

My neighbors dog started to do that and they took him in apparently he was bit by some animal in their back yard and it cause an infection in his hind corners he could barely walk up the stairs. Its been about 6 months and he still limps a bit. he is an older dog so maybe he never healed right. but I would see if she got nay bit marks anywhere

#4 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

so ? how about now?

#5 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

She's better than earlier. She really perked up when Tim came home. But she has gone back to just laying around instead of wanting to play 24/7. I got her to go outside, and she's just slow about it.

I'm watching her for now.

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

I hope she's ok!!

#7 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

She seems fine today. She's back to her normal self. She has her yearly checkup next month, so I think I will bring it up then to find out if it is arthritis or something.

#8 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

My mom has a lab as well, and she gives her glucosamine and chondroitin as well as omega 3s daily. hehe It seems to help her!

#9 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

we gave ours 2 capsules of glucosamine every day. within a week he was running like a puppy again :) it was so nice to see since WAS actually still a puppy. He was born without a femoral neck so when he walked his hip didn't move normally and just rubbed. poor dude :(