12 replies to this topic

#1 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone make their own diaper solution? If so what do you use?
Do you by bits from someone? or do you make your own soap bits?
In the past I used water and a small about of baby wash but was wondering what others use.

#2 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

I started out using water with a couple drops of tea tree and a couple drops of lavendar with cloth wipes, but then I went to just wetting the wipes with warm water as needed. It saved me the trouble of making any kind of solution and wasn't any more trouble.

#3 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

They sell little cubes at Sweetheart Diapers. Just got a sample. Not sure what I'm going to do, use them, make own or just use water. I'm thinking a plain misting bottle with water or maybe a cube in it to spray on wipes as needed will work?

#4 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

I've made home-made disposable wipes so I'm sure the same solution could be used in a spray bottle with re-usable wipes. Water, baby wash, tea tree oil, baby oil, lavender - if desired.

ETA: I meant to say grape seed oil, not baby oil. lol. Grape seed doesn't clog pores and is great for baby's skin. You only need a few drops. Just a few drops of baby wash, tea tree oil, lavendar too.

Edited by Claudia, 25 September 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#5 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

I just used water

#6 Juxtapoz

Juxtapoz

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

we use just wash clothes and wet them with warm water...and her butt is nice and smooth :)

#7 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

I use the bits from Sweetheart. Monkeydoodlez I think.

#8 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

I just ordered some stuff online from sogreenbaby called Punkin Booty Liquid Concentrate. They have cubes to disolve as well but this is a liquid - you add a couple drops to your spray bottle or container of wipes. I got the unscented and may add a drop of lavender too since I have a bottle but they also have some other natural neat scents. For now, I want to make it as easy as possible for the transition to cloth so I'm trying this.

#9 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

I tried the bits from Sweetheart a few times, but DS was so rashy that he did better with plain water. They smelled nice and made it a lot smoother of a swipe (how gross is that description LOL) if they hadn't irritated his butt, I'd have likely kept on using them.

#10 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

Just fyi, I didn't use any special wipes either. I bought a few "fancier" cloth wipes when I bought some diapers, but then I just bought baby washcloths and used those. They were super cheap and worked just as well as the fancier cloth wipes.

#11 EmnMs

EmnMs

mmmmum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

warm water, olive oil, 4 drops tea tree oil and sometimes a dab of all natural baby cleanser.

#12 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

I used water with a little bit of her baby body wash mixed in. She had really sensitive skin and eczema and just about everything scented gave her a rash.

#13 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

I've only ever used water and touch the washrag to a bar of soap. I only ever changed next to a sink tjpugh so it was easy that way