12 replies to this topic

#1 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

anyone take their g2 in chatam? is it true that its easier then windsor?

#2 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

I think if you will be driving here, it's best to pass it here. I know in high school a few people did do that, and they do say it's easier, but IMO, if you aren't familiar with the roads up there, that could present a challenge.

I'd do it here.

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

I had to do my retake out there because my car broke down during my Windsor test (engine caught on fire - I can laugh about it now) and it was the earliest cancellation they had available. I won't say it was easier because you have zero familiarity with the roads, unlike Windsor where you what streets are one ways, three lanes etc... I found that part of the test stressful. They basically do the exact same things as in Windsor and if you are a good driver you should be able to pass no matter where you take the test.

#4 creative mama

creative mama

No turning back now

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

I've heard similar things but truthfully, if someone needs to go somewhere to get a license because it's easier to pass, I wouldn't want to share the road with that person.

#5 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

I've heard similar things but truthfully, if someone needs to go somewhere to get a license because it's easier to pass, I wouldn't want to share the road with that person.

They let people from Toronto go all the way up to Orillia to take their test! Streets in TO are so busy and Orillia is so quite it's just wrong as if they can't in TO they shouldn't dive as thats where they live. I feel if you need to take it in another city Because it will be easier than maybe you shouldn't be driving. IMO

But if you are doing it because it's available sooner then I understand that. Mind you not much different Windsor is not that different than Chattam just a bit slower. it's not like TO to Orillia.

On a side note I hate hate our drive test here they are so so slow I waited 4 hrs just for them to scan a piece of paper into their computer.

#6 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

I've heard that a lot.
My sister is probably going to end up doing it, as she has failed here 4 (maybe 5 times)here.
But being from Chatham she knows what the roads are like & knows the route they take you on.

#7 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

I have heard it is more difficult here, not sure if it is a myth or not. I've also heard it doesn't always matter if you're a good/terrible driver that they try to meet a quota and if you get unlucky they find a way to fail you you or on the flip you can get lucky and they find a way to let you pass.

Like I said I don't know, nor will we probably ever really know, what the truth is. I've heard both from people who passed and said "i thought for sure I failed because i did [insert laundry list of errors, some kind big] and others who thought they did great, but failed.

#8 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

I have been driving forever and I still wouldn't want to take my test (if I had to today) in Toronto LOL it's too congested and people are really aggressive, it'd be worth the drive to Etobicoke even to avoid a Toronto test. I think going to Orillia is a little excessive. Truth be told though, I think that's where my DH took his 365 lol. I lived in Windsor when I took my G2 and didn't find the Windsor test all that hard ... I think they're pretty much the same wherever you go mostly - they look for all the same things right? It's wherever you feel comfortable.

Edited by Ginger333, 15 October 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#9 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

you are right Ellivort. they do have a quota to fill. and im a little insulted by the people who say they wouldnt want to share the road with someone who cant pass in windsor.
every instructor in windsor will tell you that the windsor test people are BITHCES and they LOOK to fail you because they have a quota to fill, i failed for a reason that is completely rediculous and totally out of my control. my driving instructor told me that i am one of the best driving students he has had. chatam is not private owned therefore they are more fair and judge you on your driving not on a quota. i drive everyday with my friends and husband. so those of you who dont want to share the road with me. feel free to say off it ;)

#10 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

there are people in Windsor who have driven on these roads all their life that I still wouldnt want to share the road with! Doesn't matter where you take your test.

geez when my mom did her test (back in the day lol) she told me she went out to Tilbury since it was drive down a few one way streets and you pass. My mom is a great driver, if she wasnt I would let her drive my kids around

#11 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

I did all my tests here. I did fail my g2 the first time around, but it was snowy and I rolled a stop sign. Totally my fault, they were right to fail me. For my second attempt and my G I passed on the first try.

What did you fail on Lina? If you don't mind me asking?

#12 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

I was waiting to turn left on an intersection on a green light. the light turned amber and i started to creep forward however the cars coming the other way were not stopping so had i went through the intersection i would have gotten smoked by them. i didn't complete the turn before the light turned red, that considered dangerous driving and automatic fail. it was crazy traffic with all schools getting out and i could not control the other cars from running the yellow. even my instructor said that it was bullshit because had i just went through and completed the turn i would have gotten hit and THAT would be dangerous driving. after that she still made me do a three point turn, parallel park and park uphill, all of which i aced. even though we both knew i had automatically failed already. that was my one and only mistake on the sheet she gave me.
when i make mistkes driving i fully admit to them, nobody is harder on me then myself when it comes to driving. i KNOW im a good driver. i am not taking my test again in windsor because i got into an argument with the lady testing me and i will not chance getting her again.

anyone that knows me knows that when i mess up driving i fully acknowledge it and fess up to it. this was out of my control.

#13 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

Ok so really if your all going to get technical and think she should take her test where she spends her time driving then really Windsor doesn't work ether. cus she dives the most in Tecumseh so someone find a testing place hear pleas? it is a well known fact that its just less busy and less pressure to go in the county. the reason she was failed isn't something she could have controlled and her driving instructor said it to. the lady that took her out was out to get her from the get go. everyone has said it to. I have been in the car with Lina driving and she is more then a safe driver and practices everyday. the chick had a quota to fill and Lina was there. I dont think it matters where you take the test as long as you know your stuff.