8 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

How do things run in your house when you are sick? Does your s/o help out and let you rest or do you still have to do what you normally do regardless of being sick?

#2 Gemma2

Gemma2

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:15 AM

It depends on how sick i am. He's saving all his sick days at work for when the baby comes so right now unless im really sick hes going to work. He does help a lot before he goes to work and when he comes home.

#3 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

well it's just me so the show must go on. there's a lot more t.v/wii time when the important things are done so I can lay down in the next room. Things seem to slack and when i'm better I have to work harder at getting everything back in order but I can't complain. My ex is actually nice and will bring ds or I meds if we need them cause he knows its hard for me to get out when ds or I are sick, I just pay him back when he drops them off. Downside is he rarely takes ds if he is sick cause he doesn't want to catch it so I don't get a lot of help then.
I have been battling a sinus cold for the past week and a half so there have been a lot of time I just crash in bed out of the blue and the other day ds asked why I was always in bed lol

#4 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

We step up for each other. If I'm sick, I do what I need to in order to take care of me and expect him to do the same if he's sick. We're better off taking one day to sleep and rest and feel better than to suck it up and be sick for days because we didn't just take care of our sick bodies.

#5 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

....We're better off taking one day to sleep and rest and feel better than to suck it up and be sick for days because we didn't just take care of our sick bodies.

If I send you my DH's phone number, will you call him and tell him that ! ? !

Thankfully, knock-on-wood, I haven't been super sick in a very long time, but even with my migraines I receive more help from my boys than I do from DH. Of course, the boys are older now (14 and 12), but even when they were little and I would have a migraine, they were awesome and would try and be as quiet as possible.

Of course, when DAH is sick the world comes to a stop (lol) ! ! ! I have always said I would rather take care of 30 toddlers that were sick all at once than ONE DAH because i know what to do for and with the toddlers, but the DAH - that is another story.

#6 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

whel depends on how sick i am. throwing up yes he will take the day off but he has a hard time taking days off so it doesn't happen often. usually we make it a movie day or floor play with me laying down on the floor. or lots of coloring.

#7 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Our kids are a bit older, so they can entertain themselves if necessary. Nothing really changes when one is sick. He or I will definitely pick up more the slack where necessary, but mostly it's just a quiet day around here.

#8 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

If he has to work than I am on my own sick or not. He cant really take days off with what he does, unless he can give them a good amount of notice. It just means I am laying on the couch and kids are watching t.v or playing video games. He will let me go lay down though for a bit when he gets up for work and will make dinner(order something lol) If he is off though he will baby me :)

#9 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

I'm no longer a SAHM but my hubby would take over duties when he got home. If I'm not too bad I would try to just get through the day, if I'm really bad and can't physically take care of her, my dad would usually come over and help me out.