21 replies to this topic

#1 mommyof3

mommyof3

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

My son just decided he wants to go to Villanova next year. I'm kind of a OCD planner so I thought I would get a head start. Does anybody know where I can get a price list for Villanova uniforms? I tried to google it but nothing came up. I was thinking on purchasing used items but I heard that kids are not allowed to wear them. Oh...one more thing....besides the obvious (skirt and skort)....are the uniforms unisex?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :thankyou-rose

Edited by mommyof3, 24 October 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#2 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

you could call Freeds and i am sure they would have a list. I went to a HS with uniforms and bought some of my shirts used and never had an issue with it. you could call the school and ask.

ETA: I know our pants and shorts were not unisex. i mean a girl could wear guy pants but i wouldnt see a guy wearing the girl pants or shorts, something about the pockets were different. and about the ised stuff. i really dont know how the school would know if they were used or not?

Edited by single_mom, 24 October 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#3 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

Villanova uniforms are done by 67 Richmond Street in Amherstburg.

And they can so use used ones, as long as they are not too old.(Like the uniforms my sister wears now are different than the ones I wore.)

#4 mommyof3

mommyof3

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thanks guys! I will pop by 67 Richmond and hopefully they have some info for me. I thought it was alittle silly when I heard they can't wear used items but I thought maybe it was a money grab or something :). Maybe I will start checking out kijiji.

#5 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

they do have boys shirts and girls shirts but a lot of the girls wear the boys shirts

the pants and sweaters are unisex though
freeds supplies all the other schools in windsor and essex county and yet 67 richmond supplies villanova
i hate having to get them at that place as the only supplier i find he never has stock in which infuriates me
right now my daughter is wearing pants from cardinal carter because he had none in her size and wouldnt order any so i went to freeds and bought pants for her from there
they are a slightly different shade of grey but there is nothing i can do about it

#6 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

There's also a 67 Richmond St. store in Tecumseh (at least there used to be, I'm assuming it's still there).

#7 mommyof3

mommyof3

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

good to know...so maybe it's a good thing I have started to look now since it sounds like these items are hard to come by.... thanks for all the replies!!!

#8 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

There's also a 67 Richmond St. store in Tecumseh (at least there used to be, I'm assuming it's still there).

But only the guy in Aburg does the uniforms.

#9 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

Maybe it's changed? I'm almost positive my friends who lived in Maidstone always went to the Tecumseh store for their uniforms.

#10 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

Maybe it's changed? I'm almost positive my friends who lived in Maidstone always went to the Tecumseh store for their uniforms.

it might be if he owns the store which with that name i am thinking he probably does
he has the contract and only he can have the uniforms

#11 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

They are pretty pricey. You can check kijiji too. The school also has a used store, call to make an appointment. I just bought my son 2 new golf style shirts a month ago and it was over $60 for 2.

I bought lots new and some used also. I sold most of my stuff to Erin a couple years ago. I did keep the stuff since, and put it away for my other son, but that is still 3 years away.

#12 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

my dd is going there too, I'm so dreading buying the uniform but for me, every 2 years I will have a child in highschool, so if they kinda all stay the same they can wear each others stuff (which they do already)ok, but I'm not sure nick wants to wear a skirt.

OP: did you find out about their open house yet, my kids go to public school (so the school promotes general amhurst) but dd is going to villy so I want to make sure we don't miss the open house.

#13 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

I would call the school board then if he won't keep it stocked, thats not right. Maybe he should lose that contract then !

#14 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

YEs, it is inconvenient to travel back and forth from LaSalle to get the stuff. He has stock, you can see it. Seems he never has the sizes we need. LOL

#15 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

my dd is going there too, I'm so dreading buying the uniform but for me, every 2 years I will have a child in highschool, so if they kinda all stay the same they can wear each others stuff (which they do already)ok, but I'm not sure nick wants to wear a skirt.

OP: did you find out about their open house yet, my kids go to public school (so the school promotes general amhurst) but dd is going to villy so I want to make sure we don't miss the open house.

i would call the school cause i know i missed it lol and she was going to catholic school but they were promoting cardinal carter

#16 Jessica H

Jessica H

Proud mom of 3 beautiful kids

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

My dd is graduating this year from Villi, so I will probably have some stuff to sell this summer if anyone is interested.

#17 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

YEs, it is inconvenient to travel back and forth from LaSalle to get the stuff. He has stock, you can see it. Seems he never has the sizes we need. LOL

He only orders certain sizes, and refuses to buy other sizes.

#18 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

if he's refusing then why is he the only supplier. Doesn't make sense

#19 mommyof3

mommyof3

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

I Haven't heard anything yet about an open house. A Rep from Villanova came into my sons class and I think a Rep from Amherst is coming next month. If I hear anything, I will let you know :)

#20 mommyof3

mommyof3

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

My dd is graduating this year from Villi, so I will probably have some stuff to sell this summer if anyone is interested.

Definately think of me if you decide to sell any unisex pieces!!!!

Edited by mommyof3, 25 October 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#21 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

if he's refusing then why is he the only supplier. Doesn't make sense

welcome to my dilemma for the past 3 yrs
i have called the school numerous times about this with nothing done about it i even called the school board and they said it was an issue that had to be dealt with at the school level
this year is the worst because like i said in a previous post my daughter is wearing cardinal carter pants because i could not get her villanova pants
just ridiculous
i talked to the new principal the first day of school figuring maybe he would do something but so far nothing
he had my daughter go see him and he gave her a uniform pass since its obvious she has different pants

Edited by sherri, 25 October 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#22 Jessica H

Jessica H

Proud mom of 3 beautiful kids

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

Definately think of me if you decide to sell any unisex pieces!!!!

I will :)