18 replies to this topic

#1 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

We are looking for volunteers to help with the Christmas Party.

We need people who can commit. IT has to be a definite YES, if we don't get the yesses we can't book the venue.

It will be on a Sunday in December, I am calling Science City today for tentative dates.
We need 2 people ( min ) who are willing to work in the kitchen organizing the food, setting the food out, and looking after the food sign up list.
We need 1 person to head a decorating committee, and volunteers that will be willing to come in and set up the decortions prior to the party and also take them down after.
We need 1 person to head the food drive.
We would like a photographer to do the Santa pictures.
We need a Santa.

I would like to thank Lina and Amber for running the kitchen last year, they did a great job and it would be wonderful if 2 new faces could step up so that if they are free to come to the party, they will be able to enjoy it this year with their families. When you commit to running the food, you do sacrifice being able to be out and enjoy the day your kids at Science City.

* And for those who want to complain about location, don't. It's simple, we need a place that can accomdate kids of a lot of ages, is central and easy to get too. Admin discussed changing the venue this year and we may next year, but despite the age of some of the displays, the children really do seem to enjoy it there.

If you are willing to help, please respond on this post. If we don't get enough volunteers we won't be able to host the party.

:thankyou-rose

#2 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

I wish I could help, or even guarantee attendance, but I until I have the exact date and my schedule I can't say for sure!!

I hope we get enough volunteer to run this! My kids loved it last year. (minus Santa, hehe)

#3 Elisha

Elisha

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

I will help with the decorations up and down. Do you also need someone for sign up? I would do the sign up before hand but not the day of I want to be able to spend this one with dh dd and ds.

#4 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

I wont have tenative dates until Thursday, they arent open until then.

#5 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

I will help with the decorating! It might be tough if it's just me and my 3 yr old but I will make it work!! :) :Holidays_smilie_schneekugel1[1]

#6 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

i have ??
if we sign up do we have to go meeting place
becuse that hard for me

i trying to think what i can do with 4 kids to
i wonder if i can help with food part

#7 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

I can't commit to anything until I have a definate date due to my work schedule.

#8 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

Decorating would involve about an hours time on Saturday from around 3:30/4pm to 5 ( when the close ) and then tear down after the party. ( which would start 20-30 minutes before the party is officially over )

Sims,I don't know whether or not a meeting would be required.
Elisha I will pm you about sign up.

#9 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

i can help with take down

maybe i can help with pricse or somthing like that
i know i enjoy alot of m2m parties when they had door pricse

and you got a ticket for ever can good you both

#10 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

I would love to help, but it would have to be under the stipulations there isnt much involvement before party, like pre party planning, and unless i had someone) to watch my kids, i couldnt do the food part (dh is a trucker and is on the road, so it would be guarunteed he wouldnt be able to make it) the other reason is im in school till Dec 10, and i am so busy with that, i would hate to commit to something and not being able to fufill. Let me know otherwise if there is anything i can do, if not we will be at the party for sure!

#11 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

I have all the decorations from previous years and I'm more then willing to head up the committee and my son and my mom have already said they will help set up and take down the decoations.

I was wondering if we are having crafts again this year and if so, what budget is there for that? I had a great time getting the crafts together last year and I think most people there thought they were great too.

#12 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

Athena , thank you very much for volunteering again.
Can you please have a look through what you have and let me know ( via pm ) what we need, what needs replacing etc... The crafts were a huge hit, so I would like to have you do that as well, and as for budget, I have to check to see what was used last year, and will let you know within the next couple of days.

#13 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Ok Jen I'll go through the stuff in the next few days and let you know what needs replacing.
Great! I have some great idea's about the crafts for this year.

Are we using the 2 rooms, the same as last year? 1 room for the foods and the other for the crafts and santa pictures?? It worked really well that way.

#14 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Yes, I think setting it up the same way is a good idea!

#15 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

great!!

#16 swimmingdolphin

swimmingdolphin

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

I would be willing to help with the decorating

#17 elainesj

elainesj

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,939 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

I can help on the day off - I am planning to be there so no problems helping in whatever way you need me. I could do the sign in for the party and then the cleanup at the end. (I know cleanup's always the hardest one to do - but I don't mind it). I can also take care of the food drive.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Did you contact last yr's Santa yet? He's always awesome with the kids.

Will bought the 2 turkeys already and they are safe - one in ssusan's fridge and one in Tracy's fridge. Susan said she would cook one and now we just have to find someone to cook the other. (u def don't want me to cook it LOL!)

Edited by elainesj, 20 November 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#18 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thanks Elaine!
We could really use you for the food drive, clean up etc.
If no one else volunteers to cook the other Turkey, I know Lisa P said she would do it.

#19 swimmingdolphin

swimmingdolphin

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

just let me know if you need help

Reply to this topic