5 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

When do you decorate for christmas? During the day when your kids are at school or do you wait til they are home and do it all together.
Are there things you decorate on your own (outdoor lights) and some that you do as a family (tree).
Do the kids have their own tree? or just one tree for the whole family?

#2 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

The boys and I did it yesterday! Mitch did the outside last week.

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Addy has her own tree which she got a kick out of decorating and my mum came a couple weeks back and the three of us did the big tree together while watching Santa Claude :) I started the outdoor lights a few weeks back when it was warm and finished them on Friday night. Thats a one woman on a ladder kinda job. no one wants kids running around below you when you are standing on a ladder :)

#4 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

we always decorate dec 1st. I do the around the house stuff and set up the tree with the lights while ds is at school. But I wait until he is home to do the ornaments. Than we usually bake cookies and have hot chocolate :) We only have the one tree, but I was thinking of making Noelle a felt one that you put on the wall so she can decorate that one as much as she wants ans leave the real tree alone

#5 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

I just do it when I have time and energy. I don't really enjoy Christmas decorating to be honest, and my kids are a bit young and rambunctious to do it as a family. I think this year I'll put the tree and most of the ornaments up while he's at school then let him help with finishing touches and the topper.

#6 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

And yes, I have a main tree plus a smaller tree in the basement for the kids. I was going to try to avoid putting up the basement tree this year but maybe I'll get into the spirit and put it up. Bah humbug lol