2 replies to this topic

#1 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

I finished this book on the weekend and it was a real eye opener!! This doctor is not the first to attribute much of our illnesses and obesity to our highly processed, high carbohydrate diet but in this book, he delves into the reason why wheat is not the wheat it's always been. He even goes so far as to say that bread is bread. Whole wheat, whole grain, organic or store brand white are all harmful and should be taken out of the diet for optimal health. It definitely flies in the face of the Canada Food Guide/Food Pyramid. His arguement is compelling, though, because he touches on the fact that our wheat is now genetically modified and there are no studies yet on what the health implications are of that. He thinks there is a direct link. Definitely a thought provoking read for anyone who enjoys the controversial topic of our food and where it's coming from.

#2 Kids Love Yoga

Kids Love Yoga

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

I haven't read this book but it has been on my want to read list for awhile now. Very interesting summary - this will have to do till I get to the reading of it myself - but now that you've talked about it - makes me that much more interested.

#3 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

Sounds like an interesting read to put on my list of books to get to.