5 replies to this topic

#1 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

do you take probiotics? do you have your kids take them?
I am wondering about starting them to help with our immunity during this season- especially for my ydd.
or am i wasting $ and time???

#2 creative mama

creative mama

No turning back now

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

They'll help :) I make my own Kefir water which is LOADED with probiotics and I give it to Spencer too - just not as much as I drink.
You need to go slowly at first because if you drink a ton right away you'll have a tummy ache.
Check these guys out for free grains:
http://www.facebook....14257425292353/

#3 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

I do and so does ds. I give him the same amount as I take as per my Naturopath. I mix it in some yogurt. He is having some health issues, so I can't really say if it is helping or not

#4 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

I only use probiotics when myself or someone in my family is on antibiotics.

#5 Karen

Karen

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

I use them and so does my son. We started taking them last fall when we were continually sick with every bug around and they seem to have helped a lot. When either of us starts to get a symptom of something- a cold or sore throat, etc- it seems to be very mild and then is gone before it turns into anything major. I swear by probiotics now and think they are a great investment- more than just a multivitamin.

#6 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

I use them and so does my son. We started taking them last fall when we were continually sick with every bug around and they seem to have helped a lot. When either of us starts to get a symptom of something- a cold or sore throat, etc- it seems to be very mild and then is gone before it turns into anything major. I swear by probiotics now and think they are a great investment- more than just a multivitamin.

I might consider taking probiotics throughout the winter this year since it seems to work well for you.