16 replies to this topic

#1 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

I have to admit, I have been stressing out the last week about the Christmas party. Mostly due to the lack of numbers for todays events and all the bare spots on the food list.

Todays party turned out to be a HUGE success!

We couldnt have done it without everyone, and I think we need to give them all a special shout out!

Thank you so much to : Lisa P her hubby Steve and their daughters ( and their friends ) who came out and helped with decorating, set up, tear down and looked after the kitchen, setting up the food, and Santa. They are also going to drop off the donations from the food drive.

To Will and Elaine, It was so nice to see you guys back and involved in a m2m event! They graciously donated both turkeys and also looked after the sign in table and raffle tickets and helped where else needed.

To Elisha for making the name tags! Every little bit of help goes a long way!

To Crafty Bear for organizing the committee for decorating, and shopping for the craft supplies for the kids and getting the decorations.

To the decorating committee, the decorations looked great! ( I believe it was swimming dolphin, Crafty Bear and Lisa P and her crew who helped to the decorating. I apologize if I have missed anyone, and please speak up if I did.

A huge shout out to Sims for gathering a great assortment of door prizes, it took alot of time and effort for her to contact all the vendors and to drive around and gather the prizes all up.

And a huge shout out to those who came. My kids had a blast and without you all, the party wouldn't have been a success!

If I have missed anyone, please let me know so I can include you in the post as well!!

:thankyou-rose :thankyou-rose :thankyou-rose

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

your wellcome

it was a great party
thank you to all above
my kids had so much
it was nice to see everyone in real life again

see you next year hugs

#3 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

We haven't gone to a party since it was held in the church basement I believe and hesitated on going today because of a killer migraine but we headed out and so glad that we did! The kids had so much fun, the food looked amazing (the kids and hubby loved it, my migraine wouldn't let me eat much but it smelled wonderful) and the kids are so wired that they are going to see Disney Live! Thank you everyone for all of the time to put together the party, from the crafts (I think it may have been Athena who worked with my daughter to try to get her tree to stand, thank you so much you were so sweet!) to the location was great, our first time there and we love it and plan on going back again. Natalie for getting so many amazing prizes that we were lucky to take home quite a few! Everyone involved and everyoneo who came out thank you so much, it was a lot of fun. My only regret is having to leave early, I just couldn't handle the migraine any longer.

Oh and my appologizes to JenK for thinking she was someone else lol. It was great to meet some new people, get some baby cuddles in from Natalies little cutie, seeing one friend who I haven't seen in awhile was great and getting the kids out to do a holiday activity that was free instead of places that charge a ton. We really appreciate all the hard work that was done. Some I didn't get a chance to meet, but was happy to see Will and Elaine there again too!

Can't wait for next years party, hopefully by then I'll have a license and it'll be easier for me to come help with decorating or the different committees involved! Thanks again everyone!

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I have to admit, I have been stressing out the last week about the Christmas party. Mostly due to the lack of numbers for todays events and all the bare spots on the food list.

We couldnt have done it without everyone, and I think we need to give them all a special shout out!

Thank you so much to : Lisa P her hubby Steve and their daughters ( and their friends ) who came out and helped with decorating, set up, tear down and looked after the kitchen, setting up the food, and Santa. They are also going to drop off the donations from the food drive.

To Will and Elaine, It was so nice to see you guys back and involved in a m2m event! They graciously donated both turkeys and also looked after the sign in table and raffle tickets and helped where else needed.

To Crafty Bear for organizing the committee for decorating, and shopping for the craft supplies for the kids and getting the decorations.

To the decorating committee, the decorations looked great! ( I believe it was swimming dolphin, Crafty Bear and Lisa P and her crew who helped to the decorating. I apologize if I have missed anyone, and please speak up if I did.

A huge shout out to Sims for gathering a great assortment of door prizes, it took alot of time and effort for her to contact all the vendors and to drive around and gather the prizes all up.

And a huge shout out to those who came. My kids had a blast and without you all, the party wouldn't have been a success!

If I have missed anyone, please let me know so I can include you in the post as well!!

Thank you so much to everyone. It was a great party. I would like to add:
JenK... you forgot to mention all of the work you did organizing the party. Thank you!!!
Wil & Elaine have offered to drop off the food donations, thank you everyone for your generous donations.
Athena's mom and her son Edison also helped out with the decorating.
Thank you for all of the wonderful dishes that everyone brought.(I have a couple of containers, the juice box bag and salt & pepper if anyone is missing something please let me know)

#5 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

We haven't gone to a party since it was held in the church basement I believe and hesitated on going today because of a killer migraine but we headed out and so glad that we did! The kids had so much fun, the food looked amazing (the kids and hubby loved it, my migraine wouldn't let me eat much but it smelled wonderful) and the kids are so wired that they are going to see Disney Live! Thank you everyone for all of the time to put together the party, from the crafts (I think it may have been Athena who worked with my daughter to try to get her tree to stand, thank you so much you were so sweet!) to the location was great, our first time there and we love it and plan on going back again. Natalie for getting so many amazing prizes that we were lucky to take home quite a few! Everyone involved and everyoneo who came out thank you so much, it was a lot of fun. My only regret is having to leave early, I just couldn't handle the migraine any longer.

Oh and my appologizes to JenK for thinking she was someone else lol. It was great to meet some new people, get some baby cuddles in from Natalies little cutie, seeing one friend who I haven't seen in awhile was great and getting the kids out to do a holiday activity that was free instead of places that charge a ton. We really appreciate all the hard work that was done. Some I didn't get a chance to meet, but was happy to see Will and Elaine there again too!

Can't wait for next years party, hopefully by then I'll have a license and it'll be easier for me to come help with decorating or the different committees involved! Thanks again everyone!

I am still LOL over that! Honestly while one of them thinks she is mine, they werent all mine I swear!

#6 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Thank you so much to everyone. It was a great party. I would like to add:
JenK... you forgot to mention all of the work you did organizing the party. Thank you!!!
Wil & Elaine have offered to drop off the food donations, thank you everyone for your generous donations.
Athena's mom and her son Edison also helped out with the decorating.
Thank you for all of the wonderful dishes that everyone brought.(I have a couple of containers, the juice box bag and salt & pepper if anyone is missing something please let me know)

I should still have a container there that says Baker on the bottom, had the skor cookies in there. I'm not to worried if I don't get it back tho

#7 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

I am still LOL over that! Honestly while one of them thinks she is mine, they werent all mine I swear!

some of them just THINK they're hers ;)

#8 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thank you EVERYONE my kids had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a great great great time too but I always do :)

#9 Elisha

Elisha

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

no problem about the name tags took me about 15 minutes to do them... no biggy at all but glad I could help.

#10 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

Thanks everyone it was great! I had a kid throw a temper tantrum when it was time to go!!

#11 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Glad it went well! So sad I missed the party this year :(

#12 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

As said in the other thread I'm glad I ended up coming, even though I woke up with a massive headache this morning and it carried on throughout the day. After I dropped the buns/ice off at the party I went home thinking I was going to relax my headache away but it wore off a bit so I changed my mind and came back! Tylenol works wonders, lol. My SO ended up not being able to make it but I brought our son and we enjoyed ourselves! Thanks to all the helpers! It turned out great!

Edited by Claudia, 11 December 2011 - 10:52 PM.

#13 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Thanks to those that made all come together. My brothers had a good time as always :)

#14 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

I am bummed I missed the Party as I always had a blast brining the turkeys across the Border ! ! !

I am hoping that someone took pictures ! ! ! Can hardly wait to see them.

#15 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

here my
not alot this year becuse i was helping
(no my kids where running around getting buried under sand heheheh)

Mom2mom christmas party 2011

Edited by sims, 12 December 2011 - 12:27 AM.

#16 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

Glad it all turned out for you. Thank you to all who helped! You are what make M2M wonderful!

#17 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

we really had a blast. My kids always love science city. i love watching all the kids just run around and have a blast. as always my kids love the bubbles (as does hubby) and the food really was fantastic!! and there was SO much of it to. everything ran grate. this is the first party i havn't helped with and was so happy to just enjoy it with my family. what a wonderful event! there are not many free activities for family's and this is a grate one!

Reply to this topic