What were your kids favorite gifts?

#2 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

My daughter got a baby zhuzhu pet and she loves that thing, for some reason. My son got a new set of mini nets from his aunt, and he's obsessed with that. My dd got a cd player as well, and that's very popular with both the kids.

#3 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

My daughter got a baby zhuzhu pet and she loves that thing, for some reason. My son got a new set of mini nets from his aunt, and he's obsessed with that. My dd got a cd player as well, and that's very popular with both the kids.

DD got a Zhu Zhu as well as 2 baby zhu zhus with a play nursery and it is by far her favourite. She can chase the Zhu zhu for minutes at a time! (a lifetime for a 2 year old) lol

#4 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

My youngest son loved his 8 video games, for his Wii, his Dsi, and PS3, only systems that got missed this year were his Xbox 360 and his PSP

Last night he got a g/c to Build a Bear from his Aunt, so he can't stop talkiing about that and he loves his race track that he asked Santa for.

#5 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

Skylanders for ds and a harmonica for dd. Spent a wack of dough on a really nice dollhouse and here she is over the moon with a $8 harmonica LOL Figures

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

ds is in love with his lego board games, he has 3 of them and even when no one can play he is still down there making up his own games with them

DD loves her legos, Santa brought her the megablocks ones in pink and purple. She loves making "towers" and knocking them down. She is also obsessed with her play make up and nail polish.

#7 pfitzy

pfitzy

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

seriously, biggest hit for both my kids is the $1 silly putty that santa left in their stockings!!

#8 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

The Barbie Dreamhouse Santa brought her.

#9 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

Ice skates were the biggest hit for dd this year. Ds got a pair too, but dd is the one that has been skating every day. We didn't know it when we bought this house, but it turns out that the city set up an ice rink right across the street from us and it's open all day and free! Dd also really liked the Caboodles train case and nail stuff she got. Ds's favourite gifts were probably the different Lego sets he got (Ninjago, Star Wars, Halo) and the Hexbugs set he got.

#10 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

dd is in love with her my little pony balloon and new ponies. Its funny how a $20 light up balloon an a few $3 ponies stole the show :)

#11 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hexbugs! And this yo yo thing that was in his stocking, it cost me $3.00!

(For the record, all the adults loved it too. We all fought over it on Christmas day, and I was playing with it tonight! Gonna buy them for everyone next year, i think!)

Attached Files

• Attached File  yoyo.jpg   13.02KB   54 downloads

#12 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

.... and DH loves his remote controlled helicopter. DS picked it out for him (lol), so he is enjoying getting to use it too!

#13 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

So those hexbugs are worth it?? I was eye balling them this yr...where did you get that $3 toy, looks awesome.

#14 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

ds loves his hex bugs and hex bug habitat track..
although we are down 4 bugs now, maybe we will find them soon..

ds loves her dsi

yds doesnt really care, so glad i didnt spend a butt load on him.

daddy loves his xbox, and mommy loves her dance central :)

#15 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

oh and ds loves his gogo's too, never heard of them before xmas eve, had to run out to get some

#16 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

Little People Princess Castle! She sat and played with that thing for 2.5 hours!! I've never seen this kid sit for longer than 20 minutes unless she was exhausted and ready for a nap.

#17 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

His vacuum cleaner! I knew he would, but maybe if I had thought it through a little more, I would have just gotten him a real one (probably for the same price too!). At least he'd be cleaning my house!

#18 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Noah got the Imaginarioum police/fire station house and is in awe!!! He hasn't stopped playing with. He also loves his Home Depot work bench and the lights and sounds firetruck that my mom got him... Kid is obsessed with firetrucks/police man and ambulances haha

#19 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

So those hexbugs are worth it?? I was eye balling them this yr...where did you get that $3 toy, looks awesome.

The hexbug set we got was only $20. Came with a good amount of 'tracks' and 2 bugs. Now we can buy more tracks or bugs (although you don't really need to spend money on more bugs).

The yoyo thing I bought at "5 Below" in the states. LOVE that store for stocking stuffers!

#20 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Skylanders,and super mario kart are def the faves of ciara..they even had a wii in the hospital she could use the past few days....I got skylanders at sdm for 30 bucks!!!!!
Bella and tat loved all their craft stuff!

#21 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

this cat in the hat game where thay hid something in the hat and you have to guess whats in it.. awesome game!! all the new barbie stuff and the new books Bella is in love with

Jake and his set of keys we had made for him lol (real ones lol) and his new cars.. loves this stuffed Elmo he got to.

but for all them.. there new footy pj's we all got a pair and we are all in love with them.

#22 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

dd got a remote control hexbug thing (or should I say dp did?) they play with it ALL the time. She also got two belle barbie dolls that she loves. The cheap doll stroller & car seat is also dragged throughout the house all day.

I am excited for her to see her new wooden play kitchen we bought after christmas - it was on sale and we had a gift card that covered most of it - she will find it when we get to the new house in 2 weeks - daddy is setting it up for her tomorrow.

#23 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

This was one of my 6 year olds favorites things, we have been making headbands for 2 days

Posted Image

She also really liked this ( we have finished her hat, she did about half of it, I did the other half )

Posted Image

Odd got the Bopit xt and one of the sing it games for the wii..

Yds, seems to like his slippers the most lol..

#24 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

C got that headband kit and loves it too Jen!

#25 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

My niece got that same headband kit and she loves it! Her older sister loves it too!

My son loves his battery operated car. It's super cute to see him riding around on it. Took him a while to figure out he could push a button to make it move, but now that he's got the hang of it he plays with it all the time! He also LOVES the recordable book that my SO and I made him. :)

#26 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

i got the head band making kit for a friends dd and she loves it to lol

#27 Keegsmama

Keegsmama

pfffffft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Sofie loves her little people fairy treehouse. It was the year of the fairy for Sofie. Without talking about it my mom, Ash and I all got her fairy related things.

K loves his Magic Tree House books.

Sawyer has been pooping without rashes in her new covers. She finally grew enough to be in cloth diapers.

#28 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

Skylanders Spyro's adventures, and 2 helicopters the boys can really fly.

#29 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

This was one of my 6 year olds favorites things, we have been making headbands for 2 days

Posted Image

She also really liked this ( we have finished her hat, she did about half of it, I did the other half )

Posted Image

Odd got the Bopit xt and one of the sing it games for the wii..

Yds, seems to like his slippers the most lol..

This IS neat! Zoe is my crafty one though so I'll be sure to keep it in mind in a few years when she's older. Right now keira is a delegator LOL

#30 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Skylanders for my ds. Can't find more figures though! He has birthday money to spend! My oldest loves new grey slouchy boots from payless and our youngest loves her build a bear!

#31 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Skylanders for my ds. Can't find more figures though! He has birthday money to spend! My oldest loves new grey slouchy boots from payless and our youngest loves her build a bear!

EB games has the figures!

#32 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Today? dh has been three times looking. First time nothing, second time got ds 3 new ones (two were new areas that he needed, one the guy said was awesome) and the last time nothing. Dh also looked at TRU in the states, target etc and found nothing today either. The day dh found them at ebgames, the guy had only 6 in and dh bought 3 lol. I may have dh call later.. Thanks for the tip!

#33 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Amazon

#34 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

We looked from windsor to london for more... we have 7 of them... I went everywhere... shoppers, future shop, eb games, walmart, different electronic stores, staples, canadian tire... zellers... best buy. the malls. nothing... its because you can use all the figures for each machine, you don't have to buy any specific ones except the starter pack...

so if someone sees more please let me know lol.

#35 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Have you guys checked out the TRU Express at the mall? I haven't been in, but when I called just before Christmas to see if they carried video games, they said that those were the only kind of video game thing they had.