7 replies to this topic

#1 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

Member for almost 2 years

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

I thought this would be the appropriate subject to post this...

I am looking to become a CERTIFIED singing teacher. I want to be able to apply to places and or work from home.
I need to learn how to read music though. I have no idea who to contact about all of this... Please let me know if you have any info. as to how to get started.

If you would like to check out my singing my site is www.youtube.com/sweetlilsista

Thanks a bunch! :friends

#2 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

You're voice is pretty good, however the camera shake makes me dizzy lol No clue on becoming a vocal coach unfortunately

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

University of Windsor
you can also become a music therapist there was well

#4 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

Member for almost 2 years

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

You're voice is pretty good, however the camera shake makes me dizzy lol No clue on becoming a vocal coach unfortunately

Thank you... and I had to hold it lol

#5 theresab

theresab

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

I thought this would be the appropriate subject to post this...

I am looking to become a CERTIFIED singing teacher. I want to be able to apply to places and or work from home.
I need to learn how to read music though. I have no idea who to contact about all of this... Please let me know if you have any info. as to how to get started.

If you would like to check out my singing my site is www.youtube.com/sweetlilsista

Thanks a bunch! :friends

My DD has had a vocal teacher for several years and has been studying theory and piano with her as well. It takes a long time to learn theory, and you have to have a certain grade of theory in order to apply to university level vocal/music study. I believ the minimum piano you need for music at most univ. Is grade 5 piano...may be the same for theory. I would suggest a QUALIFIED vocal / music instructor (university trained ) if this is the career path you are seeking. Can be someone who works out of their home, but needs to have a good background in theory (reading/writing) music, piano and vocal instruction.

It's the path my daughter is taking, she is 15 and has been working hard at it for a many years all ready! All the best of luck to you in this .....

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think you're good!! I have no idea about music teacher stuff, I just wanted to tell you!

#7 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

It includes many years of schooling on music theory. I come from a family of musicians and it is a complex art. Singing is still using an instrument and there is much education to be had on using that instrument. A person can't pass along that knowledge if they aren't first educated. A good friend of mine is a singing instructor, but she had years and years of vocal coaching, then went through a 4 year program at a university to get her degree in music. It is just so complex.

#8 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

I don't have any advice on what you would need to become a singing instructor but I just wanted to say that while I think your voice is very good,you should really work on your presentation. I am not saying that to be mean, but I found the shaking of the camera, the use of the webcam(which lags) to be very distracting, and for me, I think that took away from your singing. Have you tried putting yourself out there in terms of singing at public places to gain some exposure? That may be a start. Good Luck!