3 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Did you discuss before baby was born that you were going to be a stay at home mom or did you decide after? Did you decide during mat leave?

Or did something happen to change from working mom to stay at home mom?

Edited by Crafty Bear, 12 January 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#2 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I was a homemaker before we had kids and that translated very easily into stay at home mom (we joke that it was a bit of a promotion actually). We always knew I'd be staying home with the kids.

#3 mom2spiritedboys

mom2spiritedboys

Just getting started

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Originally I assumed I would stay home with the kids but I'm not sure if we actually had conversations about it. Then we struggled with infertility for so long that by the time we adopted I had created a career for myself that I LOVED. Parenting a child with complex needs eventually made it so that I had to give up that job - for many years I tried the part time work/part time SAHM but it was literally killing me.

I work very part time now but it's a job that is flexible around the needs of my son and family overall which is great but I do miss what I used to do.

#4 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

We decided during DD mat leave that I would stay home as we where moving out of the area and I would have no one to help out while he was gone.