3 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Have you changed from a working mom to a stay at home mom?
Have you ever concidered going back to work or maybe concidered changing to a stay at home?

Would the change be from a money stand point or would there have to more to the decision?

#2 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

I was a working mum until my second was born and SO became a trucker. I found so hard and became so bored . Right now it doesn't make sense for me to work as I would have to pay for day care just to leave the house. right now daycare cost so much when you need to put three in there is really no point IMO. Would I return to work yes I have been thinking about it once they are all in school what am I going to do. I currently don't have anything more then high school education so untill I get some schooling we will go from there. We have been thing about taking on line classes and such but still with only one income it's hard to pay for it. So we will see it will be nice to be out there working again once the kids are old enough to watch them selves after and before school :)

#3 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I was a working mom until I was injured at work and it was the hardest thing I ever had to adjust to. When I had my auto accident 20+ years ago, I knew I could go back to work, so the mental anxiety wasn't there. Now with not being able to work with my hands, wrists or elbows, that puts me out of a lot of jobs and my experience is all in clerical. I want to work, I actually loved to work, I loved the "important" feeling I had when I did my job. Now that I SAH, I have changed my mind set to be that what I do here is "important" and while I don't punch a clock, I still have to report for work. I have now started "running" my family as a business and my DH is on board, which makes it easier.

If I could return to work, it would be for me first, with money next. Although the money thing is starting to gain ground (LOL).

#4 Guest_rjblankets_*

Guest_rjblankets_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

I am a part-time SAHM. I work as a housekeeper in a local hotel and the winter months are so dead I may get 1 shift every 10 days or so. During the summer I work around 2-4 shifts a week. I like being a SAHM and find that I connect more with my children and have a better relationship with them compared to when I was working 5-7 days a week 2 years ago.
$ is the deciding factor as to whether or not I find a second part-time job (which I'm currently looking for). Its hard having only 1 income earner, especially if dh looses his job or his hours are cut back.