#36 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

I only have one question......

If you think what their doing is wrong... ( I dont fully understand the situation, nor do I care to...) Then wouldn't the thing to do, be to call the pennysaver and complain?

I am not sure what ur hoping to gain from the thread? If it were me... and I knew someone was doing something wrong... and it upset me and bothered me sooo much, that i couldn't get past it or let it go... and it seemed like a big deal.... Then i would try to do something about it... Call the place he works and report what he's doing.. If its breaking the rules, then his employer will deal with it.... .. Right?

I wasn't aware that we needed to have something to gain from a post in order to post? Since when can we not just discuss our opinions about something, isn't that point of a message board?

Edited by Jen.Uh.Fur, 25 January 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#37 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Let's please just stay on topic to the original posters question.

thanks

#38 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

I only have one question......

If you think what their doing is wrong... ( I dont fully understand the situation, nor do I care to...) Then wouldn't the thing to do, be to call the pennysaver and complain?

I am not sure what ur hoping to gain from the thread? If it were me... and I knew someone was doing something wrong... and it upset me and bothered me sooo much, that i couldn't get past it or let it go... and it seemed like a big deal.... Then i would try to do something about it... Call the place he works and report what he's doing.. If its breaking the rules, then his employer will deal with it.... .. Right?

I don't think she is trying to "gain" anything from this thread?? She was merely asking a question. No different than 95% of the questions posted on here on a daily basis.No?
I do agree though that if this carrier has that many papers left over something is wrong.

#39 Cindy

Cindy

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

oh wait...he is taking the inserts out of the papers before they reach a customer?? If so yes he is stealing

yes he is the carrier or the deliver driver to the carrier i am not sure which

Sherri he did NOT take the flyers BEFORE he delivered them to ppl !!! he was "selling" the " extras " that he had !!

#40 Cindy

Cindy

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

First, i think that sherri should have gotten her facts straight BEFORE posting about what happened in the coupon group.
Second, it's SAD that you have to come here and complain about the coupon group instead of going to the Admin with your issue. (We are all adults here right?)
Third, if you aren't happy in the coupon group. Leave. (We aren't in high school anymore.)

I mean really you've got nothing better to do than stir up trouble and bully people when you DON'T really know what happened. Shame on you.

VERY WELL SAID !!!!!!! WTG !!!

#41 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

oh wait...he is taking the inserts out of the papers before they reach a customer?? If so yes he is stealing

Sherri he did NOT take the flyers BEFORE he delivered them to ppl !!! he was "selling" the " extras " that he had !!

They are not his to sell, period. Which makes him wrong to sell them, period.

#42 Cindy

Cindy

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

They are not his to sell, period. Which makes him wrong to sell them, period.

lol im NOT saying that i agree to what they did but it was already dealt with WHY KEEP COMPLAININIG ABOUT IT !!!

#43 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

No one was. This thread was from weeks ago.

#44 Cindy

Cindy

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

No one was. This thread was from weeks ago.

not just here Jen lol thats what i mean

#45 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Read the coupons. Most will say void if sold etc...

It is not the property of the individual selling them. And if they are saying they are selling their time clipping...nope...still trying to get around what they are doing. Any extra papers are still not their property.

Check this out:

What's wrong with selling coupons online? Manufacturers say look at the fine print right on their coupons! The fine print spells it out: "Void if altered, copied, sold, purchased, transferred…"

Kraft foods told us: "We discourage the sale of our coupons on the Internet."

Proctor and Gamble says: "We do not permit the unauthorized distribution, collection, sale, auction, trade or assignment of its coupons for any reason."

Link

#46 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

WOW

Sherri, I feel (just my 2 cents) but seems to me that you have a MOLE either here or on FB, how on earth would this charliecouponer lady know to make up a quick profile JUST to stalk you. THAT is CREEPY and I would report it to the authorities.

COUPONS are free, free at the stores, free on the web, and when you pay for the paper they are FREE in the paper, NOBODY should sell coupons for a profit, trade them, coupon train them is fine, but SELLING them is WRONG

#47 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

WOW

Sherri, I feel (just my 2 cents) but seems to me that you have a MOLE either here or on FB, how on earth would this charliecouponer lady know to make up a quick profile JUST to stalk you. THAT is CREEPY and I would report it to the authorities.

COUPONS are free, free at the stores, free on the web, and when you pay for the paper they are FREE in the paper, NOBODY should sell coupons for a profit, trade them, coupon train them is fine, but SELLING them is WRONG

:goodpost

#48 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

WOW

I can't comment on the details of what happended here but I would like to say "in general" like I said on the very first response to this thread...

anyone can sell anything they want THAT BELONGS TO THEM. It is all supply and demand and worth. If someone is willing to buy free coupons there is nothing wrong with someone selling them. They obviously must have some worth to the buyer and the buyer must be willing to pay for that worth. Others may not see the worth and therfore they choose not to buy but you can't conclude that they should never be sold or that it is wrong to sell.

People sell stuff all the time that other believe shouldn't be sold. The fact is if someone OWNS something that someone else is willing to pay for (even if the origional value was free) - if both parties agree to a sale then that is up to those two people only

#49 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

WOW

I can't comment on the details of what happended here but I would like to say "in general" like I said on the very first response to this thread...

anyone can sell anything they want THAT BELONGS TO THEM. It is all supply and demand and worth. If someone is willing to buy free coupons there is nothing wrong with someone selling them. They obviously must have some worth to the buyer and the buyer must be willing to pay for that worth. Others may not see the worth and therfore they choose not to buy but you can't conclude that they should never be sold or that it is wrong to sell.

People sell stuff all the time that other believe shouldn't be sold. The fact is if someone OWNS something that someone else is willing to pay for (even if the origional value was free) - if both parties agree to a sale then that is up to those two people only

I disagree.

Selling an item that is 'yours' on kijiji is one thing, but selling FREE coupons is another and just wrong, so when there are FREE coupons on the grocery shelf, and person A takes them all, to turn around and sell them, is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, on so many levels. So when person B goes to take some coupons from the grocery shelf, person B is screwed. HOW can that be right?

When coupons come in the Windsor Star or through Canada Post or through the Pennysaver, none of these carriers have the 'right' to sell them to ANYONE.

I would love to see a Canada Post worker try and sell some coupons to anyone, their job would be on the line, so anyone in their right mind would never consider it.

TRADING coupons for other coupons is another thing, selling them is just wrong.

#50 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

you can't sell coupons, it states that on the back of the coupons (I have the p&g) people need to start reading the small print.

#51 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

ok to clarify

If all the below are satsified:

-you obtained an item by legal means
-there is no legal reason you can't sell the item
-a buyer is willing to pay for the item

= you can sell the item

#52 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

I disagree.

Selling an item that is 'yours' on kijiji is one thing, but selling FREE coupons is another and just wrong, so when there are FREE coupons on the grocery shelf, and person A takes them all, to turn around and sell them, is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, on so many levels. AGREED So when person B goes to take some coupons from the grocery shelf, person B is screwed. HOW can that be right? That is stealing and wrong
When coupons come in the Windsor Star or through Canada Post or through the Pennysaver, none of these carriers have the 'right' to sell them to ANYONE. Agreed that is stealing and wrong
I would love to see a Canada Post worker try and sell some coupons to anyone, their job would be on the line, so anyone in their right mind would never consider it.

TRADING coupons for other coupons is another thing, selling them is just wrong.

#53 creative mama

creative mama

No turning back now

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

I found this site - even though it's from the US it has some interesting information: http://www.couponinformationcenter.com Here are some excerpts:

Can I sell my extra coupons?

No, there is no legitimate way to sell your unwanted coupons.

The sale or transfer of coupons is a violation of virtually all manufacturers’ coupon redemption policies. These policies are generally printed on the coupons or are available from the manufacturer upon request. Any sale or transfer voids the coupon.

Persons purchasing coupons have often been associated with organized criminal activities. They often purchase the coupons as one aspect of a scheme to defraud the coupon issuers/manufacturers, usually by seeking to redeem coupons without purchasing any products. Individuals selling coupons to such crime rings have been charged with and convicted of criminal violations.

What about selling "the service of clipping coupons" or an envelope that "just happens to contain coupons"?

Individuals selling or auctioning coupons often know that such sales and auctions are in violation of the terms and conditions of the coupons. As such, they may include an invalid disclaimer, such as, "I'm selling my time to clip the coupons, not the coupons themselves. Such disclaimers are invalid and do not provide any legal protection to either party. Such obviously invalid disclaimers merely serve to prove that the seller/auctioneer knows that their illicit coupon sales are inappropriate, wrong, and subject to civil and/or criminal penalties, depending on the situation.

Strictly prohibited

Please don’t do any of the following activities. The penalties, criminal or civil, can be severe.

• Photocopies. Do not photocopy coupons. This is counterfeiting and is a criminal offense.
  • Coupon Decoding. Each coupon is a contract and should be used only for the item described in writing on the coupon itself. Using a coupon for any product other than the one intended is a type of fraud similar to shoplifting.
  • Buying coupons. When a person buys coupons, they may be inadvertently purchasing stolen property or counterfeit coupons. Even if there is not a direct criminal penalty involved, both coupon buyers and sellers open the door to potential litigation when they buy or sell coupons because they are in violation of the “nontransferability” clause printed on all coupons distributed within the United States. The transfer makes a coupon void. Coupon sellers often include legal disclaimers stating that they are selling their time, a service, or even envelopes that just happen to contain coupons instead of the coupons themselves. Such statements are invalid and do not offer any legal protection. Rather, such statements suggest that the sellers know that their coupon sales are inappropriate and wrong.
  • Stealing newspapers. This is theft, whether it is for personal use, resale, to supply an organized criminal enterprise, or any other reason, and can result in felony charges. In addition to the criminal penalties, the theft of newspapers often causes harm to hard working, small entrepreneurs who operate on very thin profit margins—usually a few pennies per newspaper. The theft of even a small number of papers may have a strong impact on their financial picture as consumers, no longer confident that they will receive the contents of their newspapers, will cancel their subscriptions or avoid certain newspaper boxes.
  • Buying “extra” coupons from your newspaper carrier or some other newspaper employee is probably a violation of the carrier’s employment agreement and/or contractual agreements with his/her supplier and can result in termination.
  • Reselling Stockpiles. Coupons are intended to give individual consumers a good deal, not provide a method for people to set up unauthorized grocery stores or flea markets in their garages, basements or backyards. Such sales usually violate the terms and conditions of the coupons themselves and may be in violation of local health codes. As a consumer, do you really want to buy a product that has been stored in a stranger’s basement for weeks, months or even years?

#54 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

well there ya go people

#2 of my selling conditions above is not satsified. Acording to the above you can't legally sell = don't sell = wrong to sell

#55 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

See...and if people do this the companies will eventually stop giving coupons so then we'll all be out.

#56 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

well there ya go people

#2 of my selling conditions above is not satsified. Acording to the above you can't legally sell = don't sell = wrong to sell

And for the one that wasn't addressed, the carrier is only the interim caretaker. They have them to disperse them in an outlined manner. It's not a case of possession equaling ownership.

To me it's like if you were a caretaker for an edlerly person. You have them, but you don't own them, and selling them would just be wrong lol.

#57 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

well there ya go people

And for the one that wasn't addressed, the carrier is only the interim caretaker. They have them to disperse them in an outlined manner. It's not a case of possession equaling ownership.

To me it's like if you were a caretaker for an edlerly person. You have them, but you don't own them, and selling them would just be wrong lol.

too funny!!

selling old people is very wrong!!

#58 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

I must say I've found this discussion quite interesting, and rather entertaining at times LOL!!

Looking at the P&G coupons I just received in the mail:

CONSUMER: Coupons not authorized if purchasing products for resale. Void if transferred, sold, auctioned, reproduced or altered from original. Any other use constitutes fraud. You may pay sales tax. Do not send to Proctor & Gamble. P&G accepts no liability for printing errors or omissions.

Personally, I would not pay someone for coupons - whether it's for their time, or the coupon itself... If I want a coupon that badly, I will get it myself.

Now just to play devils advocate here, what about the "Ad Save" Coupon book that just came in the mail for local businesses & restaurants.... On the inside cover is a full page ad for Mr. Lube and one of the coupons in for $8 off any oil change package. The fine print does not have the same disclaimer P&G does (about selling/transferring)... so does that make it okay for me to turn around and sell this coupon for $1? ((just an example and just for the sake of discussion!!)).

In the OP, I feel the gentleman is in the wrong by collecting the extras or whatever, and selling those....

#59 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

No it does not make it ok for you to sell the coupon. What if you were a business sending a coupon out to reach potential customers, would you be ok for someone making profit off of your advertising/coupon, by selling it? I bet not. I know I wouldn't be ok with it.

With the Ad Save...don't those companies pay for a spot in the booklet to advertise?

Again, unless you are the manufacturer of the coupon you are not entitled to make money off the coupon. JMHO

#60 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

WHo would pay for coupons? How does he store know if you bought it or not? LOL

Funny topic actually.

#61 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

this is getting so ridiculous lol

#62 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

regardless if they were extras they are not HIS he is supposed to call and turn in his extras
he is not supposed to be selling them
very unethical and from the info in other posts illegal as well

#63 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

WOW

hahaha tammy i never thought i would ever say this BUT i completely agree with you

#64 Keegsmama

Keegsmama

pfffffft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Doesn't buying coupons defeat the purpose of coupons of saving you money?

#65 luckycharms

luckycharms

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

I have bought coupons off ebay and I know other members have as well. Many people get around the issue by saying, it is for their time etc. It is the same as reselling tickets etc from scalpers. Yes, it has been worth my while to purchase coupons on the internet. I agree with terbear, it is simply supply and demand. Sherri, are you sure you know all the facts or just what was posted? I know he has numerous routes. I know the couple and I don't know the whole situation so, I don't speculate.

#66 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

I have bought coupons off ebay and I know other members have as well. Many people get around the issue by saying, it is for their time etc. It is the same as reselling tickets etc from scalpers. Yes, it has been worth my while to purchase coupons on the internet. I agree with terbear, it is simply supply and demand. Sherri, are you sure you know all the facts or just what was posted? I know he has numerous routes. I know the couple and I don't know the whole situation so, I don't speculate.

she posted she was selling them
and she posted she was selling them for her husbands time in taking them out of the papers

ETA when people started questioning it and commenting they thought it was stealing it was posted that the family was struggling financially and that this was a way to help them
i am not the only one that saw these posts and i am not the only one to that made comments regarding it many people starting commenting they didnt think it was right and that they thought it was stealing as well so then all posts were removed

when you have a route you are expected to call in any shorts or extras they bring you extra when you are short and they pick up what extras you have
i know they are not his to sell

if he wanted to sell his own personal coupon flyer from his personal paper than thats one thing
but when you are selling things that do not belong to you and are meant to go to customers for FREE its stealing IMO
i have also left this group because of this if the admin has no problem with people doing this kind of stuff then i want no part of it
someone else had posted it was illegal to sell coupons i hadnt realized that
i just thought it was wrong and wanted to get others opinions
nothing that hasnt happened on this board before
if that isnt allowed then most of the posts on this forum wouldnt be here

Edited by sherri, 27 January 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#67 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

But why on earth would ANYONE want to buy a coupon, the whole purpose of coupons is to save $, most coupons only give you 50 cents or if you are lucky a $1 off. There is no way in hell I would pay anyone for a coupon, trade them, sure, coupon train them, sure. BUY them hell no.

AND the more this crap happens the less coupons that the manufacturer is going to give them out.

AND another thing

IF selling coupons is OK (not by my standards) then why did almost the whole m2m forum give a member big time grief about selling her FREEBIES (again not ok by my standards) on kijiji, it seems to me, what was good for the goose, wasn't good enough for the gander, but then again, that's how most things go or did go on this forum at one time or another. Neither of them are right in my opinion, but I am going to call a spade a spade here.

AGAIN only my 2 cents...

#68 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

But why on earth would ANYONE want to buy a coupon, the whole purpose of coupons is to save $, most coupons only give you 50 cents or if you are lucky a $1 off. There is no way in hell I would pay anyone for a coupon, trade them, sure, coupon train them, sure. BUY them hell no.

AND the more this crap happens the less coupons that the manufacturer is going to give them out.

AND another thing

IF selling coupons is OK (not by my standards) then why did almost the whole m2m forum give a member big time grief about selling her FREEBIES (again not ok by my standards) on kijiji, it seems to me, what was good for the goose, wasn't good enough for the gander, but then again, that's how most things go or did go on this forum at one time or another. Neither of them are right in my opinion, but I am going to call a spade a spade here.

AGAIN only my 2 cents...

I agree with you. I just don't understand the resoning behind buying coupons. So if a coupon is for sale lets say 1 dollar and you pay 50 cents for it, and by the time you pay for postage or gas to get it, is it really worth it. Hmm, I'm going to have to check out ebay to see these coupons.