11 replies to this topic

#1 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

WINDSOR, Ont. -- Plans to start a family and buy a house were destroyed for a 24-year-old Windsor man after an early morning single-vehicle collision Sunday claimed his life.

Sharri Lluhani, a roofer who family members say "was just starting out his life," was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on Riverside Drive East.

Staff Sgt. Geoff Dunmore said a 21-year-old Windsor woman driving Lluhani's black Dodge Ram pickup has been charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death, after the truck slammed into a parked trailer Sunday around 3 a.m. near Clover Street. Her name was not released Sunday.

"He was a hard worker who never did harm to anyone," said Lluhani's 22-year-old brother Visar. "I'm going to miss him so much."

Lluhani was promoted to supervisor just months ago at Elite Roofing Windsor, said owner Dan Michos.

"He would never say no when it came to helping me," said Michos, who said he and Lluhani grew close as friends over the five years of his employment. "He was never really miserable and always tried to make other people happy when they weren't.

"He was just a phenomenal person."

Michos's wife Stephanie said Lluhani was always over at their house lending a helping hand, whether it was moving furniture or just playing with the kids.

"He was more than a worker," she said.

The passenger side of the pickup truck was shredded. Windsor firefighters used the Jaws of Life to extract the man's body, said Jose Andrade, the owner of the parked trailer.

Police notified Andrade shortly after the accident that his trailer had been struck. He arrived around 4 a.m. to what he called a "frantic scene.

"It was a very gruesome scene. It was horrible," he said.

The driver was sent with non-life threatening injuries to Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital, where she was still recovering Sunday night.

Staff Sgt. Steve Bodri said she's been charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death.

Lluhani's family moved to Canada from Albania in 2000. His brother described the family as "heartbroken.

"He always had my back and it was ripped away from us just like that," Visar said. "He always put himself in front of others. He was just a loving, caring guy."

Visar said he and his brother were extremely close. He would have been out with Lluhani Saturday night at a friend's house on the west side, but he had to work, he said.

Andrade said he believes the pickup truck crashed into his dump truck parked near the side of the road and sent it flying into his trailer, where he stores his construction tools.

Andrade was doing stonework on a Riverside Drive home and had his dump truck and trailer parked outside. He estimates $30,000 in damage to his equipment, which included generators and cement saws.

"But that means nothing," he said. "A life was lost."

Both trucks were destroyed in the collision.

A neighbour two houses down found a back wheel of the pickup on her front lawn when she woke up.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said she and her husband slept through the accident, but woke up to "all kinds of cop cars and tarps covering the scene."

Police closed Riverside Drive between Greenpark Boulevard and Clover Street until Lluhani's body was removed shortly before noon Sunday.

Read more: http://www.windsorst...l#ixzz1kwt3MHwk

#2 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

It's such a sad tragedy. When are people gonna realize that drinking and driving is wrong and ends up badly. They need to realize they are not untouchable, and realize they are NOT ok to drive. So many peoples lives are at risk on the road. Grrr...this makes me so angry.

Prayers to the family.

#3 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

Oh and what ticks me off even more is the fact that they haven't released the drivers name. Like why? KWIM?

#4 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

So sad. One wrong decison and the lives of so many people are now ruined,just in the blink of an eye. I showed both of my kids the pictures yesterday and had a good conversation with them about drinking and driving.

#5 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

praying for his family and firends
sad sad sad

#6 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

Everyone is making remarks about the driver but the passenger is at fault too for getting into a car with someone that has been drinking jmo

#7 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Everyone is making remarks about the driver but the passenger is at fault too for getting into a car with someone that has been drinking jmo

Not if the passenger had designated the driver as DD and didn't realize the DD had more than a couple drinks.

#8 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Oh and what ticks me off even more is the fact that they haven't released the drivers name. Like why? KWIM?

they have now

Police have charged a young Windsor woman with 'impaired driving dausing death' following a horrific crash on Riverside Drive East early yesterday.

21 year old Stephanie Bravo is charged with driving the 2007 Dodge pickup truck that slammed into a construction truck and trailer near Clover Avenue shortly before 3 am.

Police found the mangled pickup truck just off the roadway on the north side of Riverside Drive.

23 year old Sharri Lluhani, who owned the pickup truck but was a passenger at the time, was killed in the crash.

The female driver was taken to Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital with non life threatening injuries, where she currently remains.

Police say speed and alcohol were a factor in the crash.

#9 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

that is true never thought of the fact he might have designated her as dd sorry

#10 penguins

penguins

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

A neighbor know both parties involved and yes she was the dd. Unfortunately she drank...ALOT. She live 2 doors down from us (my son goes to school with her brother). Terrible tragedy for ALL involed!

#11 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

A neighbor know both parties involved and yes she was the dd. Unfortunately she drank...ALOT. She live 2 doors down from us (my son goes to school with her brother). Terrible tragedy for ALL involed!

How do you know how much she drank? Its just sad that people think they are invisible.

#12 penguins

penguins

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

How do you know how much she drank? Its just sad that people think they are invisible.

She has had other alcohol related problems in the past. And from what she blew in the breathilizer that they said......