2 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Do you ever have the problem that your days just roll into the same? Day after day is the same and any break in routine would be wonderful.

#2 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yes!!! Especially recently... since it's too cold to even sit outside and enjoy some fresh air. Today was the first time in months that I met up with a friend(actually she's a new friend-I don't really have many) and we walked to the park with our kids since it was nicer out. It was great to get out and talk to another adult besides my SO and family! Lately I've also been taking my son to OEYC centres just for a change of scenery... I find just getting out for a little while helps. My SO and I have been trying to have a date night but it seems to never work out. I think that would be great too, to break up our regular routine. Sometimes I feel like I'm going batty, but to be honest I still wouldn't trade in being able to stay home with my son and our baby (once he's born). When the time is right I'll most-likely go back to work, but until then I'm happy to be fortunate enough to be able to stay with them. :)

#3 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Mhmm, definitely do =) it helps to try getting out and doing things but it is HARD..if the weather isn't too bad I go to the next town on Wednesdays for a special program at the oeyc but it has been bad the past two weeks.

Today I took dd to the closer oeyc but it is still a 20ish minute walk with a steep hill in the snow/ice. Thankfully time seems to be going by pretty fast..hard to believe tomorrow is Thursday already which means it is almost another weekend.

Let your dh know you need a break, Sunday I had Rob leave me in town and I just walked the stores/strip for about an hour and came home in a much better mood. I am about to jump in the tub right now for some much needed toddler-less time and read =) that helps too.