18 replies to this topic

#1 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

I was supposed to get mine and my kids birth flowers tattooed next weekend. My SIL just did hers yesterday, kids birth flowers. So now I am looking for a new idea. I want a half sleeve tattoo, representing my kids.

What kind of things represent each month that I could make into a tattoo. I don't want butterflies, as I already have one. What else is there????

Thanks!!

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

i really want to get a cool breastfeeding one
its my 1st one
so i want it to be a good one :)

#3 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Gemstones represent each month, but I can't see that looking good. So what about using the colors of the gems, and designing an abstract design using those colours.

OR, you could use their zodiac signs or Chinese zodiac signs to represent them instead of their birth month.

#4 Keegsmama

Keegsmama

pfffffft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

I have nautical stars that are black and the colour of their birth month. I actually have my parents, my sister, Keeghan and my niece. I need to add 4 stars for Sofie and Sawyer plus my niece and nephew.

Film negative with things they represent them?

#5 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Found this site with birth month symbols, maybe it'll give you some ideas.

http://www.squidoo.com/birth-symbols

Also, I knew someone who did a little scene for each child's month. Jan was a barren tree and snow, Oct was leaves falling, and I think July was a bright sun and something else, I can't remember. It was beautiful the way the artist compiled it all together. Good luck deciding!

#6 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

My tattoo is a fairy sitting on a crescent moon... but in the moon I added the 4 astrological signs (2 step daughters, and my 2 girls). For me this was the way I included my children in my tattoo..... I'm now planning my next ink to celebrate & represent this new chapter of my life....(divorce)

I've always really liked tattoos that on the surface are a pretty image, but go deeper and there is much more meaning to them.... like the one you mentioned, Claudia.....

When designing mine, I did not want it to be an obvious connection to my kids..... kwim? LOL!!

#7 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

how about something nice and small lol..
do a dream catcher, with the birthstones on the hanging feathers..
did I say nice small one? maybe on your shoulder, or ankle?

#8 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

how about something nice and small lol..
do a dream catcher, with the birthstones on the hanging feathers..
did I say nice small one? maybe on your shoulder, or ankle?

It's HAPPENING. Deal with it. hehe

I have small tattoos. I want a big monster one this time. Half sleeves are HAWT!

#9 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

I have small tattoos. I want a big monster one this time. Half sleeves are HAWT!

can you say Carnie folk??? :bolt

#10 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

can you say Carnie folk??? :bolt

lol Sign me up!

prudes.

#11 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

You go girl! Your body - do what makes you happy!! LOL!!

Half sleeves are very cool!! When done properly - LOL!!

Eventually I see me going that route.... first I will have a full back piece.... I'll be fully tattood by the time I'm 90! LOL!!!

#12 one_new_mom

one_new_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I would wait until I was finished having all my children before getting a tattoo that represents them.

#13 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

I would wait until I was finished having all my children before getting a tattoo that represents them.

That's why I picked a design that is easily added to. I have been trying to finish my family, but since the miscarriage, I don't know if I will ever have that 3rd baby. So I can just add them if and when they get here.

cbarker - I'd LOVE a full back piece. I already have 2 on my back and I have plans for my third. EEK!

#14 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

I left mine open too for add ons. I have one extra butterfly that needs a name under it, guess I need to get cracking on making a third lol

I say go with what you want, if you want the flowers than maybe incorporated them in a different way

#15 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

I think a full sleeve is HAWT!!!!! ( i must be a carnie too hehe)I had thought for a long time that i would get a cirle of daisies (this was when i was a late teen and up until a bit ago- it was a bit of a memory thing for me for my grandma) But now I am at a different part of my life that I want to represent my chidren- I was always thinking stars- with some nice drawn up something I did want them on my wrist - but not sure. such a tough decision
I think whatever you decide will be great!!!

#16 Guest_rjblankets_*

Guest_rjblankets_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

I believe tattooed women and men are gorgeous, especially if their tattoos mean something to them and each one tells a story. I am a STRONG believer in "My Body, My Canvass".

I have 2 Uffington White Horses (but in black) on my left upper arm to represent my 2 boys. Though they are completely identical, one has a blue eye and one has a brown eye and both my boys knows which horse is theirs. A lot of people don't understand the tattoo and cannot "see" the horses but I didn't get the tattoo for others, I got it for me.

My cousin's son drew a rosary and she had it tattooed around her next with the initials of all 6 children in the cross. Though under no circumstances am I even remotely religious, I can see the beauty and memory in this tattoo and think its a great way to commemorate her children.

#17 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

I want a half sleeve! I only have one teeny tattoo, but I want more. Want to add one as well and incorporate my kids in it.

#18 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

I have nautical stars that are black and the colour of their birth month. I actually have my parents, my sister, Keeghan and my niece. I need to add 4 stars for Sofie and Sawyer plus my niece and nephew.

Film negative with things they represent them?

i really like the idea of birth stones
i am not big fan of dates for tattoos

#19 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

I am going to get another for my dad.. I'll have to wait, due to unforeseen circumstances, but I'd like to include a guitar, or a guitar pic in it.. I know it's limited, but it's very representative of him!

I love tattoos!! If that makes me a carny, then COUNT ME IT! hehe