21 replies to this topic

#1 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

How are you spending Family Day? What is going on in your community?
Please post links, or dates and times of local events to get the word out for different things to do on Feb 20th!

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

devonshire mall has alot of fun things
Family Day
ShareThis
February 20 - Open 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Great activities scheduled throughout the day in our centre court area and throughout the Mall. Also, there will be draws throughout the day to give away 20 Family Themed Prizes at 12:45 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m. & 3:45 p.m.), and 1 Family Grand Prize Draw at 4 p.m.

Mall Walk Registration
9am - 10am

Mall Walk & Scavenger Hunt
10am - 11am

Shutterbug Photo Booth
11am - 5pm

CLaroL the Clown & Friends: Face painting and balloon sculptures
Noon - 5pm

Writing Challenge Winners (Readings & Award Presentations)
11:30am

Cake Cutting in the Food Court
1pm

Celebrity Story Hour in Chapters' Kids' Corner
2pm - 2:45pm

Magic Show with Illusionist Brad Toulousse
3pm - 3:45pm

#3 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

i have to work

#4 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Lakeshore Arena

On Monday February 20, 2012 is Family "Spirit" Day to be celebrated at the Lakeshore Arena on Rourke Line from
1:00 pm until 3:00 pm. FREE Family Skate from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm. There will also be Free Hotdogs and Hot Chocolate

Free Family Skate 1-3pm
Join the Lakeshore Academy of Fine Arts theatre group for a “Glee” performance on ice!
**PRE-TEEN YOGA DEMONSTRATION – ages 8-13 years**
Wear your wackiest hat or costume for a chance at a great prize!
Trixie the Clown will dazzle you with sparkles!
Bring the entire family out for a great time
FREE HOT CHOCOLATE!

#5 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

omg jen that sound like so much fun

#6 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

There is a magic show with proceeds going to the Humane Society. See the attachment for more information and a special offer on tickets.

Attached File  nuvofamilydayoffer.jpg   259.03KB   41 downloads

#7 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Working!

#8 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

There is a magic show with proceeds going to the Humane Society. See the attachment for more information and a special offer on tickets.

Thank-you!! I just won two free tickets to go. We are pretty excited.

#9 Nian

Nian

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Same as any other day. It is as pointless as Valentines Day. Isnt Every day a family day? I would have to do something VERY extraordinary withthe kids to have them think the day was special

#10 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Thank-you!! I just won two free tickets to go. We are pretty excited.

Thank you! We also won two free tickets so we'll be taking the kids as well. Should be a fun day!

#11 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Getting together with a friend I miss like crazy, and our kids for lunch <3

#12 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yay! :) I'm thinking we should hit the mall for that free cake after LOL

#13 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

You had me at cake ;) LOL

#14 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

You had me at cake ;) LOL

years ago :p

#15 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

well because dh and I finally have 2 days off together we are going to take the kids to chicago. We are going to american girl because my dd wanted one and that was part of her christmas present. She has no idea (she's 7) she thinks that when we go to florida we were going to stop in gorgia but we won't have time. I can't wait to see her face.

#16 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

well because dh and I finally have 2 days off together we are going to take the kids to chicago. We are going to american girl because my dd wanted one and that was part of her christmas present. She has no idea (she's 7) she thinks that when we go to florida we were going to stop in gorgia but we won't have time. I can't wait to see her face.

oh how exciting.... just got goosebumps reading this. my dh went to american girl in chicago ( sounds funny i know) with his co-worker who got his dd a doll for her birthday- he was in awe.

I will be off and enjoying the day with my girls- maybe lakeshore arena- or somewhere fun. dh won`t be back in town yet :( even if he was he would be working.....

#17 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

I dont know yet but maybe a nice big playdate and something fun for lunch :)

#18 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just found out I am off so now trying to decide what to do with my girls! Hmmm.......???

#19 Original J Mom

Original J Mom

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

My boys and I are geocaching in Ojibway and Malden Park for the day.

#20 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

I love the fact that there are so many fun options!!!!! The hardest part would be to narrow it down!

Enjoy your day everyone!

#21 TRACY

TRACY

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,410 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Here is a list of activities I found happening around the city and the county....

1. Family Fishing Weekend: which runs from February 18 to 20, means that Ontario residents can fish licence-free this holiday. Bundle up and head to your favourite fishing spot to see if anything’s biting

February 18
1. Mad Hatter Tea Party: The Snooty Rooster. 300 Ouellette Ave., Unit 205 (upper level). The fun begins at 11am and goes all the way to 4pm. Feel free to stop by that day to celebrate Family Day with us and enjoy lots of good food, tea, fun and games for all ages! Meal is only $5 for children, and includes a tea (or choice drink), a sandwich, and a delicious cupcake for dessert. Alice and the Mad Hatter will even be leaving Wonderland that day to be in attendance at the Snooty Rooster for this very special tea party! P: 519.915.0478

February 19
1. Family Day at Cooper’s Hawk Vineyard: (1425 Iler Rd, Harrow) Bring the family out to the vineyards for a day of tobogganing (if there’s snow), Hot Chocolate, mulled wine, bonfire, wine tasting and much more. Bring your own toboggan. Kids are welcome! P: 519.738.4295

2. Winter Festival: Ojibway Nature Center, 5200 Matchette Road, Windsor. Enjoy cross-country skiing, skating and winter wanders through the park. Take our Winter scavenger hunt Challenge! A 10% discount on bird seed and feeders. Hours: 12pm - 4 pm. Cost: Free. P: 519.966.5852

February 20
1. Winter Birding Hike: 10 am - 5 pm at the Visitor Centre at Point Pelee National Park, get a firsthand look at winter birding. An experienced birder will take you on a hike to unveil the mysteries of bird watching, giving you tips and tricks to spot the winter beauties. After the hike, warm up in the Visitor Centre. Craft tables will be available throughout the day. Fun for all ages, participants are asked to dress for the weather. Event is free with park admission, pre-register by calling 519.322.2365.

2. Family Bingo: 5th Annual Family Bingo at Chances Bingo Hall, 14 Mill St., Leamington. Doors open at 8:30 a.m., bingo starts at 9:30 a.m. Lots of great prizes for the kids, including an iPad for the jackpot prize. Every child receives a gift pack. Free admission, does not cost any money to play, either for children or adults. Donations to the Leamington Food Bank will be gladly accepted.

3. Devonshire Mall will be open from 11 am - 5 pm with family-friendly activities scheduled throughout the day in the centre court and throughout the mall. Also, there will be draws throughout the day to give away 20 Family Themed Prizes at 12:45 pm, 1:45 pm, 2:45 pm & 3:45 pm), and 1 Family Grand Prize Draw at 4 pm.
Schedule of Events:
• Mall Walk Registration ~9am - 10am
• Mall Walk & Scavenger Hunt ~ 10am - 11am
• Shutterbug Photo Booth ~11am - 5pm
• CLaroL the Clown & Friends: Face painting and balloon sculptures ~ Noon - 5pm
• Writing Challenge Winners (Readings & Award Presentations) ~ 11:30am
• Cake Cutting in the Food Court ~ 1pm
• Celebrity Story Hour in Chapters' Kids' Corner ~ 2pm - 2:45pm
• Magic Show with Illusionist Brad Toulousse ~ 3pm - 3:45pm

4. Tecumseh Mall will be open from 12am – 5pm with family day activities scheduled from 1pm – 4pm. Make sure you get your family picture taken at the photo-booth set up by MODERN SETTINGS and get entered into our FABULOUS FACEBOOK PHOTO CONTEST! The most spirited family will receive a Family Fun Pack at Tecumseh Mall! We will also have face painters and Dotsy the Clown!

5. Family Day in Windsor: South Windsor Recreation Complex will offer free public skating from 2 pm - 2:50 pm. Adie Knox Herman Recreation Complex will offer public swimming from 1:30 pm - 3 pm (regular fees apply). Free public skating will be offered at Charles J. Clark Square and Lanspeary Outdoor Rink if the weather cooperates.

6. Family “Spirit” Day in Lakeshore: Town of Lakeshore is celebrating Family Day with a free family skate at Lakeshore Arena-Rink A, Rourke Line Road, Belle River, from 1 pm -3 pm. Join the Lakeshore Academy of Fine Arts theatre group for a “Glee” performance on ice. Wear your wackiest hat or clown costume for a chance at a great prize. Trixie the Clown will dazzle you with sparkles. Free hot chocolate. Pre-teen yoga demonstrations for youth 8-13. For more details, call 519.727.0470.

7. Family Day Activities in Leamington: The following events are taking place at the Leamington Kinsmen Recreation Complex, 249 Sherk St.: open recreation gym from 12 pm - 5 pm; public skating from 1 pm - 3 pm; open swim from 2 pm - 4 pm (regular fees apply). The regular programming schedule continues. Daily admission applies, or youth can use the swim/skate/gym pass. For information call 519.322.2337.

8. Family Day Skate in Tecumseh: Free family day skate from 1 pm - 3 pm at Tecumseh Arena, 12021 McNorton St. For information call 519.735.4756.

9. Family Day Events in Essex: The Town of Essex is hosting a free skate from 1 pm - 4 pm at Harrow Arena; there will be a recreational swim from 2:30 pm - 4 pm at Essex Recreation Complex and day camp is taking place from 9 am - 4:30 pm at Essex Recreation Complex. For more information call 519.776.8992.

10. Family Day Skate in Amherstburg: The town of Amherstburg is having a Family Day Skate from 12 pm -2 pm at United Communities Credit Union Centre, 3295 Meloche St. For information, call 519.736.5712.

11. Magic Show: Magician Bill Nuvo will delight audiences at Nancy Johns Gallery (4755 Wyandotte Street East) and will end the show with his famous straitjacket escape. The shows will be at 10:30 am - 12:30 pm and 1:30pm – 3:30pm. Artist and author Glen Hawkes will read from a non-traditional children’s book and will sign copies for fans. Face painting and Snacks will be available with proceeds going to the Windsor/Essex County Humane Society. There will be vendors, door prizes and more! Tickets are $10 for four for $30. For more information call 519.945.2222.

12. Colasanti’s Tropical Gardens: (1550 Road 3 East, Kingsville) has lots planned for Family Day. Get an all-day ride pass for $12.99, enjoy a large lunch buffet from 11 am - 2 pm; $11.49 for adults, $4.99 for children 12 and under. Zoo shows will be offered at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, and 3:30 pm.

13. Back Room Gallery: When you’re ready to wind down (or if you have older children), you can bring your creative leftovers to the Back Room Gallery (4749 Wyandotte Street East) from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm and swap with other crafters. A $2 donation gets you in on the swap for craft, sewing and art supplies.

14. Family Day at XS Fun Center: 1930 Ambassador Dr, Windsor, 519.972.6748. 1665 Lauzon Rd, Windsor, 519.974.5768. Unlimited Laser Tag $25; Wristband Slam 9am – Noon; Hours: 9am – 10pm

15. Family Day at The Moon: 3090 Dougall Ave., Windsor. Magic Show 4pm – 5pm. Hours: 10am – 7:30pm. Cost: $7 – 4 – 13 yrs; $5 - 1 – 4 yrs. P: 519.966.6661

#22 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

That is great Tracy! Thank you for posting!