#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Who does the cleaning in your house?
What jobs do you make the children or spouse do??

I find that I do the majority of the cleaning. The huband does do the wash/dry of the luandry and I fold/put away. I have the teenager do the unload/load of the dish washer. I do the wiping of the knick knacks and tables and counters.
Also don't really remember the last time husband wash the shower or the toilets. Or wash any floor in the whole house. The house looks like a bomb went off when I'm sick and it takes me days to clean up.

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

I do the majority. Dh does the laundry since I hate laundry

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

All cleaning and chors are on me. Having recently had surgery and being-unable to do my normal clean up/house work Ive realized how much I actually do do! its insane and will be changing when I go back to work or my s/o will be living alone in squaller :)

#4 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

I do EVERYTHING. I have had a cleaning lady at times, but I haven't found anyone reliable.

#5 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

I do most of the cleaning, sometimes I make him carry the laundry up the stairs for me so I can fold it and put it away if my back is really bugging me - or occasionally I ask him to flip the loads but I prefer to do it. He puts his clothes in his dresser as apparently I don't do it right.

He does most of the cooking which leaves me stuck with the dishes most times in that trade off. One of us puts the toddler to bed while the other cleans up the kitchen and dining room every night...most nights I prefer the cleaning to the putting to bed - it is her daddy time (& lets be honest by the end of the night I am a little sick of her and less patient than I should be).

I'll take all of the cleaning over shoveling and lawn mowing though. It is nothing different, I didn't really have a mom so I did it all before & my dad would handle the outside stuff.

Brooklyn does help me but she is 3 so for the most part it is usually easier for me to do it on my own. She makes her own bed every day and cleans up her toys. She puts her laundry away in her drawers (she can't reach into her closet so I have to do the hanging things) & helps me clear and wipe the table after meals.

#6 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

He's more of a tidy-er, I'm more of a cleaner, although we do take turns doing dishes which includes wiping everything down in the kitchen and he washes/dries the laundry and I'll fold and put away. He picks up things around the house everyday that need to be put away and after he's done I'll sweep/mop/wipe down tables and glass, etc. We take turns vacuuming. He does all the shovelling/lawn mowing too. I do all the cooking but he takes charge of feeding our son breakfast most days, unless I make eggs or something like that. Usually he'll make oatmeal or cream of wheat and cut up fruit for our ds or something along those lines. He'll tidy the bathroom but it's up to me to actually clean it, but I don't mind. I think it works out great and I don't feel too bogged down by it all since he contributes as much as he does.

ETA: Our son is too young to really help with much, but he tries to help me sweep/mop at times. :) We'll have him help out as he gets older.

Edited by Claudia, 14 February 2012 - 11:10 AM.