2 replies to this topic

#1 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

How do you feel about working in groups? Do you feel when you work in a group that everyone puts in equal efforts? Would you rather work alone?

#2 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

When it comes to school I hate group assignments, especially when the teacher picks the group because they always seem to team weaker students with stronger ones, so the workload is never equal. I take assignments very seriously and like to put in that little extra and when working in a group I find it frustrating to have to work with others who either like to half ass it or just do whats asked and not add anything. I also dont like feeling like the work is not done equally, yet everyone gets the same grade.

#3 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Totally understand what you are saying.

DH always ends up stuck in a group where half of them don't do anything. They don't cause they know the others will pick up the slack. That's what I gather from it anyway.

He and other members in the group has gone to instuctors and they don't do anything about it either.

The last time he was in a group setting it was for the entire semester...once a week the group had to present something and each person in the group took turns presenting it. All did research on it prior. But one person never did anything...never researched, never presented...nothing. And when the group popped up and said at the last week, you know you could do something, the guy never did. But yet reaped the good mark. Very sad eh?!