9 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Do you have your own vehicle or do you have to get rides from other people?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

most of the time I take the bus, the odd time I have to ask my mom for a lift.

#3 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

I have my own. Living where I do it would take me 1.5hrs to just go to the "corner store" if I had to walk.

#4 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I have my own, I travel 40 km each way to work. LOL i have had my own car since 18 when I bought my first car and had my own insurance that I paid for with my own money.

Edited by mysticmom, 23 February 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#5 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

We had only one vehicle for the first 12 years of our marriage. When we only had one vehicle I would drop him off at work if I wanted to keep the car for driving somewhere that day.

#6 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

I live in the county - it's almost a need to have a second car IMO. Everything is just so far away and there isn't much within walking distance. Plus with DH's hours, we'd never do anything if we didn't have one.

#7 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

nope, my van got totaled April 2010 and since I have been taking the bus. My dad will help out and pick up stuff like cat litter and pop and bring them over or bring me grocery shopping but I usually cab it home from the store. It sucks.

#8 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have a car but its been having troubles so lately I've been having to rely on my husband to pick up stuff or drive me places. I find it annoying some days because I really don't like how he drives (nothing really wrong with it just my thinking). I'd forgotten what its like to rely on someone else for rides and things. I can't wait for my car to be fixed.

#9 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

We had only one vehicle for the first 12 years of our marriage. When we only had one vehicle I would drop him off at work if I wanted to keep the car for driving somewhere that day.

This is what we do. There are no buses where we live. It is one of the main reasons we moved into town - I can walk pretty much everywhere here (I live in a VERY small town). In the spring/summer I may make him bike to work, there is a trail from our town to the next one over where he works & they have showers and things as a lot of people bike in the spring/summer and cross country ski to work in the winter.

#10 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Right after I was injured on the job / lost my job, DH's truck literally fell apart on the freeway. So, I would drive him to work, then come home and then take the boys to school, to then have to pick up the boys and then head to pick up DH from work. All told, it felt like I was on the road more than I was home. Even when we moved here to Green Bay, DH's car really isn't all that great, so I would take the boys to school and then drop him off at work, as here in Green Bay everything is literally 10 minutes away. But after YDS had to head to the hosptial for a week, DH fixed his car and now I have mine to drive the boys around. IF and WHEN I get a personalized plate for my car it is going to say MUMZ CAB ! ! ! !

I wish they had a program somewhere in the space-time continum that awarded you "miles" on your a$$ for driving. I would cash my miles in for ONE, one-way ticket to some place with Cabana boys and unlimited comfort ! ! !