oh nat i will talk about it as i want it to happen i love snow. lol sry

#4 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

And I thought nothing could depress me more than the book I'm reading tonight lol.

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

I just hope ds's plane lands saftly with all this snow, he is due yo come into Detroit any minute

#6 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

yahooooooooooooooo, hardly any snow.....lol

#7 Gemma2

Gemma2

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

Yeah that was hardly anything lol. We got mostly a mix in Kingsville.

#8 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

I can't believe all the people that were soooo concerned that we would get a ton of snow!! They were never saying more than 2-4 inches and even that was a day or two ago. Even yesterday all that was predicted for Detroit and south was 1-2 inches. Although they say we could still get more later this morning I will believe it when it happens.

#9 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

tee hee hee... Mother Nature is sitting back yelling "psyche" LOL!! My mom messaged me yesterday warning me to be careful with the "winter storm" approaching, but when I looked at the radar maps myself, it was obvious that is was a warning for those more north of us.... once again we get just the tailing edge of the 'storm'......

<3 it :) :)

#10 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

where the snow?

#11 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm happy there is next to no snow. Snow means extra work for dh that he really doesn't have time for. My dh is a sub-contractor with Canada post and when it snows he has to go clear the mailboxes that the postperson goes to get the mail. Its alot of mailboxes and it takes 2 or 3 days of 12 hours each day. While he's doing that he can't work for our business. But the money is good and sometimes we don't have work that can't be rescheduled.

YAY!! No snow!!

#12 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

I'm happy there is next to no snow. Snow means extra work for dh that he really doesn't have time for. My dh is a sub-contractor with Canada post and when it snows he has to go clear the mailboxes that the postperson goes to get the mail. Its alot of mailboxes and it takes 2 or 3 days of 12 hours each day. While he's doing that he can't work for our business. But the money is good and sometimes we don't have work that can't be rescheduled.

YAY!! No snow!!

I can't stand snow, so I can appreciate where you are coming from, but if your hubby needs to be home for your home based business then why not give up the sub contract job with Canada Post. :)

#13 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Subcontracted Canada Post pays very well.

#14 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

I understand, but if Athena is hoping for it not to snow b/c of their home based business then there are LOTS of people that need that job, in my honest opinion.

:)

#15 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

We're likely getting up to 10cm up where I'm at tonight. I don't mind snow as much now that we have a snowblower, but I wanted to go to Ottawa this Sunday, so hopefully I can still make it.

#16 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Correction: Up to 15cm :(

#17 one_new_mom

one_new_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

We're likely getting up to 10cm up where I'm at tonight. I don't mind snow as much now that we have a snowblower, but I wanted to go to Ottawa this Sunday, so hopefully I can still make it.

where are you at?

#18 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

I understand, but if Athena is hoping for it not to snow b/c of their home based business then there are LOTS of people that need that job, in my honest opinion.

I complain about juggling work and kids and life, but I can't imagine somebody telling me that I should give up my kids or job to someone else who needs kids or a job. It sounds like Athena is saying they need the work and are willing to work very hard, but if it snowed today they would have a difficult time juggling it all. I can't see this as being a valid reason to tell anyone to give up a job.

I used to work 3 jobs at once, with one of them being full-time. I could still barely make ends meet, and if I had given up one of those jobs I would not have been able to pay my bills every month. There were times I had trouble juggling schedules for 3 jobs, but that didn't give anyone the right to tell me that I should give up a job.

Your logic is faulty.

#19 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

YAY!! No snow!!

Isn't that always the way? Lots of work with the home based business=lots of contract job work. Slow spell with home based business=no snow. I feel your pain!!

#20 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

I complain about juggling work and kids and life, but I can't imagine somebody telling me that I should give up my kids or job to someone else who needs kids or a job. It sounds like Athena is saying they need the work and are willing to work very hard, but if it snowed today they would have a difficult time juggling it all. I can't see this as being a valid reason to tell anyone to give up a job.

I used to work 3 jobs at once, with one of them being full-time. I could still barely make ends meet, and if I had given up one of those jobs I would not have been able to pay my bills every month. There were times I had trouble juggling schedules for 3 jobs, but that didn't give anyone the right to tell me that I should give up a job.

Your logic is faulty.

I won't stoop to your level,LOL.............. but a lot of ppl think (including me) that you are just an argumentative person (and that is being nice, not the word I want to put here)

She was complaining about the snow, and that her husband would have to go shovel snow for CANADA POST (paid well) but in the same sentence she said that her husband can't do his home based business, it sucks, but sometimes you got to suck it up, jesus christ ALL YOU DO IS NITPICK...I was simply suggesting THAT IF her husbands home based job was their main bread adn butter then maybe give up the contract Canada Post JOB

#21 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Your logic is faulty.

I won't stoop to your level,LOL.............. but a lot of ppl think (including me) that you are just an argumentative person (and that is being nice, not the word I want to put here)

She was complaining about the snow, and that her husband would have to go shovel snow for CANADA POST (paid well) but in the same sentence she said that her husband can't do his home based business, it sucks, but sometimes you got to suck it up, jesus christ ALL YOU DO IS NITPICK...I was simply suggesting THAT IF her husbands home based job was their main bread adn butter then maybe give up the contract Canada Post JOB

You're too kind to not stoop to my level.

You started the nitpicking regarding Athena's post and I disagreed with you. If you can't handle being disagreed with, then maybe you would want to refrain from posting your opinions, or refrain from coming back to look at replies to your opinions.

#22 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Your logic is faulty.

It warms my heart to know you think of me and talk about me outside of mom2mom.

#23 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

We got nothing in Toronto. All the news stations were preparing us and when I woke up this morning there was a very light dusting. It's been REALLY windy today, but there was no snow, more like rainy, wet snow with no accumulation. As much as I hate the snow, I rather the snow than the mud/rain.

#24 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Your logic is faulty.

Your heart must be on fire then, b/c I am not the ONLY one who talks about you, outside of m2m. :)

#25 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Your logic is faulty.

Your heart must be on fire then, b/c I am not the ONLY one who talks about you, outside of m2m. :)

I'm humbled to know I've made an impact on so many people.

#26 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Play nice people.

#27 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Play nice people.

come on mom!! funny how the most entertainment is found is the strangest post topics. For mom2mom added entertainment you need to click all new post

I thought I was going to find a weather update and looky looky.... :snow[1]:

oh sorry, my bad, I forgot to announce :offtopic

#28 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

where are you at?

I'm about an hour and a half NW of Ottawa.

#29 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Play nice people.

come on mom!! funny how the most entertainment is found is the strangest post topics. For mom2mom added entertainment you need to click all new post

I thought I was going to find a weather update and looky looky.... :snow[1]:

oh sorry, my bad, I forgot to announce :offtopic

I don't appreciate you posting that snow picture when you knew I wanted it to snow a lot. :Ohdrama

#30 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yes usually the drama is in the scrap-booking forum!

#31 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yes usually the drama is in the scrap-booking forum!

those dam scrappers...always trying to earn the scrapper title

hey Java :Holidays_xmas-smiley-010: :Holidays_smilie_schneekugel1[1]

#32 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

:watchingu

#33 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

:watchingu

watching?!?!? more like stalking me :Hole

:snow-day :snow-day

#34 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

:spiteful
Oh yeah? You better watch yourself or I'm going to :bad and :bolt !!!!

#35 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

with my luck
we get dumpit on
and i go into labour at night with 4 kids
i do not want to diy birth thank you