120 replies to this topic

#36 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have I mentioned that today?? I'm glad I didnt' have to get the shovel out and clear a pathway to the school.... because they ARE going to school LOL

Your heart must be on fire then, b/c I am not the ONLY one who talks about you, outside of m2m. :)

I talk about her ALL the time!!! I was just talking about her today!!! she's a sweety :)

#37 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have I mentioned that today?? I'm glad I didnt' have to get the shovel out and clear a pathway to the school.... because they ARE going to school LOL

Your heart must be on fire then, b/c I am not the ONLY one who talks about you, outside of m2m. :)

I talk about her ALL the time!!! I was just talking about her today!!! she's a sweety :)

Yup. I have to say as someone who has actually met Amber shes extremely nice and the type of person who'd do anything for a friend

#38 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Yup. I have to say as someone who has actually met Amber shes extremely nice and the type of person who'd do anything for a friend

Thanks, girls. I feel all gushy inside and now my heart IS on fire. :) :) :) :)

#39 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Thanks, girls. I feel all gushy inside and now my heart IS on fire. :) :) :) :)

Which probably makes someone elses a$$ burn lol.

#40 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

and the winner of the best mom2mom quote goes to......

sorry in oscar mode..lol!!

#41 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

hmmm too much spicy food!

#42 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Ok so to clarify my husband's home based business usually takes a nose dive in the winter months but this year it didn't because we have had some nice days and people want work done. So the Canada post job is a secondary job that sublaments(sp) our income during the winter months. This year happens to be different. So I commented on the fact that I was happy we had no snow becuase it would mean that my dh would have had to work all last night and all today with no sleep. Why should we have to give up our second job that help us make ends meet just because we are unusually busy with our main job. We need our Canada post job to make it through the winter months. You really should jump to conclusions so quickly, you have no idea how things are for my family. Yes you are intitled to your opinion but maybe you should have some facts before you say those opinions.

Also to clarify I didn't want any snow because I hate to drive in it. Plus the dog and son don't want to go for their walks.

I had no idea my complaint about no snow is a good thing for our family would turn into something debatable. I mean really its a complaint about to much work and not enough hours in the day. Why would anyone need to comment on the fact we have 2 jobs..1 is home based and 1 is a contract. That comment had nothing to do with the fact I didn't want snow.

#43 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Ok so to clarify my husband's home based business usually takes a nose dive in the winter months but this year it didn't because we have had some nice days and people want work done. So the Canada post job is a secondary job that sublaments(sp) our income during the winter months. This year happens to be different. So I commented on the fact that I was happy we had no snow becuase it would mean that my dh would have had to work all last night and all today with no sleep. Why should we have to give up our second job that help us make ends meet just because we are unusually busy with our main job. We need our Canada post job to make it through the winter months. You really should jump to conclusions so quickly, you have no idea how things are for my family. Yes you are intitled to your opinion but maybe you should have some facts before you say those opinions.

Also to clarify I didn't want any snow because I hate to drive in it. Plus the dog and son don't want to go for their walks.

I had no idea my complaint about no snow is a good thing for our family would turn into something debatable. I mean really its a complaint about to much work and not enough hours in the day. Why would anyone need to comment on the fact we have 2 jobs..1 is home based and 1 is a contract. That comment had nothing to do with the fact I didn't want snow.

we still love you
funny how post can get out of hand :daycare

#44 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

1 little comment and all goes crazy! LOL

#45 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

1 little comment and all goes crazy! LOL

I can't imagine demeaning someone because they are a hard worker. It's a very respectable trait.

#46 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

We're likely getting up to 10cm up where I'm at tonight. I don't mind snow as much now that we have a snowblower, but I wanted to go to Ottawa this Sunday, so hopefully I can still make it.

We are supposed to head to Ottawa tomorrow - eeeeeeeeeeek, I would cancel but dp has to pick someone up from the airport.

It is quite snowy out there right now..we just got back from a family fun night at the school - thankfully the town is small and there isn't much traffic as people were sliding pretty bad. At least it isn't cold.

#47 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

I didnt see any snow here, not even yet. I HATE driving in snow. My kids LOVE playing in snow.

Crafty Bear... I hear ya on the winter we have had, its been so mild you can get odd jobs / outside work done that normally would be put off till the spring, I can sure see it in my gas bill.
My gas bill this month was only $93, last year SAME month was $493. WOAAHHH what a diff. Thats great that you can juggle and get an extra job in, I work full time and have a second pt "family" job that is equal pay to my reg FT time, the $$ sure makes huge diffrence, some days i sure wish i had some free time, but like heck I am giving it up. :)

#48 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Crafty Bear, until someone has run a homebased business that is relied on to pay bills, they have no idea what they have an opinion on. In theory, it sounds great but very few have the discipline and staying power to stick it out and do what's necessary to keep it going, which often includes working other jobs. You had nothing to defend and complaining about wanting to be ables to get to all the work you need to do is a breath of fresh air on this board.

#49 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

Crafty Bear, until someone has run a homebased business that is relied on to pay bills, they have no idea what they have an opinion on. In theory, it sounds great but very few have the discipline and staying power to stick it out and do what's necessary to keep it going, which often includes working other jobs. You had nothing to defend and complaining about wanting to be ables to get to all the work you need to do is a breath of fresh air on this board.

:thumbsup Right on, sistahfriend.

#50 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

OH holy hell, you FEMALES are taking this a TAD too far.

I do know what it is like to have a homebased business, it sounded to me that Athena's hubby;s home business was flourishing and did not have time to do his contracted job, jesus christ, I see nothing ever changes on this effin board, not a damn thing.

I was not insulting Athena or her husband but you females of course take it that way...FAAAACKK

#51 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Can I just say how irritating it is when you use the term "females" like that? Goodness sakes, Tammy, you ARE a female! You are offending us ALL when you talk like that!

Nothing ever changes around here because the people here, ALL the people here, never change. Just talking as an outsider looking in. A pot should look at itself before it calls the kettle black.

#52 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Can I just say how irritating it is when you use the term "females" like that? Goodness sakes, Tammy, you ARE a female! You are offending us ALL when you talk like that!

Nothing ever changes around here because the people here, ALL the people here, never change. Just talking as an outsider looking in. A pot should look at itself before it calls the kettle black.

I thought about you when I chose the word FEMALE....b/c of my FB status the other day, so just OMIT FEMALE and put the other word (from my FB post) in every spot I used the term FEMALE.

I honestly wasn't trying to insult Athena in any way shape or form, then Amber, Terri, Christine, Michelle etc ALL had to put their 2 cents in, so I guess they are absolutely innocent with their snide remarks.

#53 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

so my term I used on FB and now Female on here offends, lol, guess you can't make everyone happy all of the time eh?

#54 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Oh my gosh everyone needs to chill out! You said your side and you (everyone not just one person here) NEEDS to let this go! Good lord time out! AND MOVE ON!!!!!!!

Edited by jag, 25 February 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#55 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Teri did not take any sides or make any snide comments what so eve and only making light of how crazy a weather post turned

carry on...

#56 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

I thought about you when I chose the word FEMALE....b/c of my FB status the other day, so just OMIT FEMALE and put the other word (from my FB post) in every spot I used the term FEMALE.

I honestly wasn't trying to insult Athena in any way shape or form, then Amber, Terri, Christine, Michelle etc ALL had to put their 2 cents in, so I guess they are absolutely innocent with their snide remarks.

The flames of my heart grow every time you mention me. I even made it to your Facebook status. :friends

#57 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Most people JavaBean talks to (male or female) would have made a simple apology considering how everyone read it the same way.

#58 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

i think we all need to go have snow ball fight LOLOLOLOL :Holidays_xmas-smiley-010: :Holidays_smilie_schneekugel1[1]

#59 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

i think we all need to go have snow ball fight LOLOLOLOL :Holidays_xmas-smiley-010: :Holidays_smilie_schneekugel1[1]

there goes Nat stirring up the pot, knowing we didn't get the snow and CAN'T have a snowball fight! shame, shame

#60 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

wow a thread about snow has taken an interesting turn LOL

#61 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

there goes Nat stirring up the pot, knowing we didn't get the snow and CAN'T have a snowball fight! shame, shame

Stop pickin' on Nat! Maybe she has snow in the freezer from last year! Did you ever think of that?? Didn't did ya?! Man some people.

#62 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

I really like how there are a couple of you referring to yourselves in the third person. LOL

#63 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

JavaBean is shooting Rox evils.

#64 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

:naughty :snow2[1]: :snow[1]:

#65 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

You are complaining about people putting their 2 cents in?

#66 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

The flames of my heart grow every time you mention me. I even made it to your Facebook status. :friends

You wish you would make it to my FB status, I was talking about other b*tches that day :p oops I mean FEMALES

#67 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

:nodrama
I for one am glad we aren't buried in snow if anyone cares..just sayin

#68 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

:stickpoke :hysterical

#69 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

JavaBean at Rox- :moon

#70 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Am I the only one who find this entire thread friggin hilarious?!

Ps. :naughty :nana Java.. LOL ( nice butt)