To prepare for job interviews?

#2 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

There are loads of websites with typical interview questions and answers. Even websites that have questions related to different job fields.

I would grab the job add and have a canned answer for every single qualification they say they are looking for. Ex computer skills...come up with an answer, so regardless of how they ask it, an answer that shows how you have obtained computer skills (or whatever skills they ask for in the ad) and have an example ready of how you have used that skill in the past. I find there is themes of questions so no matter how they ask they are looking for a particular theme. Have an example ready for each theme.

Really study the company. Find out all you can and do load of research. I would reach out to all friends/family and see if anyone works there or knows someone and if so, reach out to that person and ask them questions about their job and the philosophy of the company anything you can think of to help understand what they are looking for.

I would also have a set of questions for them ready for after the interview when they ask if you have any questions. They want you to ask something....so ask something

#3 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Very good advice, thank you!

#4 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

get my friends to ask me lots of questions!!!!!!

and remember you are also interviewing them........so ask lots of questions.

#5 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have never done anything to prepare. I basically be myself. I know what I am capable of and I don't want to sound like a robot just reciting answers. KWIM? I have never had to interview outside my field though. I don't usually ask many questions either. I will often come up with questions from what they ask me.

If I was going into a new field I'd do research to ensure I have what is needed for that job/field.