yup

#4 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

yep they went up yesterday.. I wonder what Costco is at, I need gas too..

#5 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Costco was still at $1.20 yesterday afternoon.

#6 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Jerks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

it always makes me mad that it jumps up 10 or more cents at a time but only goes down a cent or 2 at a time

#8 Gemma2

Gemma2

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Leamington was at 126 this am. Grrrr

#9 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Zehrs at Tech/Lauzon was was at 121 last night and line up through the lot. Not sure about today?

#10 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Keep your tanks full....it is only going to go up. Between what is going on in the Middle east right now and the possible default of European countries things are going to get tough. China is pissed with the US right now due to Syria and Russia has signed a "non aggression and mutual protection" pact with another MidEast country (Can't remember which off hand, read it yesterday).

#11 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Local gas prices. Great tool when the prices get crazy. I fill up and pray it comes down again :)

#12 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Local gas prices. Great tool when the prices get crazy. I fill up and pray it comes down again :)

When I was working I looked at this weekly! Now, I only travel past 3 stations, 2 of which I don't trust. Can't wait to go back to work so I don't have to make special trips for gas. But the, the Petro Can in LaSalle is often in the lowest 2 or 4 anyway.

#13 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

my bike is looking better and better every day!!!!!!

#14 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

unfortunetly i work too far away from where i live for that to be an option

#15 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

What about an EBIKE Sherri??? :biggrin

Edited by TecMommY, 29 February 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#16 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

What about an EBIKE Sherri??? :biggrin

too expensive lol

#17 Abbeys Mum

Abbeys Mum

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

was 1.33 in Sarnia now a big savings of 1.30 lol.....

#18 vmbeetle

vmbeetle

Thoroughly addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,516 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

Same here or my feet! 45 minute to the school by foot..maybe a little faster less time. 15 minute bike ride.

#19 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

It went down. Only 130 now. What a bargain! :tongue

#20 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Rob filled up yesterday at 129 - ick, just about 80$ in gas for our car =(

#21 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

30$ in my empty tank in my van went just over the 1/4 full line. GRRRR. When my daughter starts school in September I am seriously going to bike ride to work!!

#22 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I heard today that by the end of summer we should expect to pay $1.50 :S as if our economy isn't bad enough lets stop everyone from being able to afford traveling thus putting even less money into businesses. We already were not planning on travelling this year but it will prevent us from even taking day trips and doing a lot more things at home instead. Time to really buckle down and save all those pennies instead of throwing them into the tank.

I heard today that by the end of summer we should expect to pay $1.50 :S as if our economy isn't bad enough lets stop everyone from being able to afford traveling thus putting even less money into businesses. We already were not planning on travelling this year but it will prevent us from even taking day trips and doing a lot more things at home instead. Time to really buckle down and save all those pennies instead of throwing them into the tank.

#23 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

They've been saying 1.50$ for years now.. I hope it doesn't happen.

#24 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

They've been saying 1.50$ for years now.. I hope it doesn't happen.

Was going to say the same thing!! They kept saying that last year at this time too!
On the positive side, in some place in Europe they pay $8.00/gallon

#25 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

It sucks for those who have to drive, but a spinoff benefit may be that people will cut back on how much they drive, and also think about getting fuel-efficient vehicles next time they get a vehicle. When my kids were younger dh and I had a van because it was almost a necessity, but when the kids were out of car seats (well, my son is still in a booster seat, but that doesn't take up much room) and didn't have all their baby gear to tote around, we switched to a car. Also, right now hubby has no choice but to drive to work; he's not close enough to bike, bus, or walk to work, but if he was closer I'd be strongly encouraging him to bike. He probably wouldn't because he'd rather pay more $$ than be inconvenienced, but not everyone is the same way. If it was me working outside the home I'd be trying to set up a carpool, but that's not his thing either. I'm the frugal treehugger in the family lol.

#26 Nian

Nian

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

We were at 1.10 today! And that freaked me out. Fortunately, here in Calgary the opportunities for well paid work are plentiful.

#27 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

I hate to say this, but I have been buying all my gas in the states for a few years now.

On Friday, the prices had jumped stateside, too -- to the equivalant of $0.95 !!!

That's a $30 savings in my tank.

Groceries are all bought there, too. And I stopped at Borders Books because I knew it would be cheaper to buy the book I needed there. The Canadian price @ Chapters was $23.99. The exact book was $16.99 at Borders.

My Meijer's savings totalled $42, and that was WITHOUT coupons.

And that's just by driving 10 minutes from the bridge (I've timed it :) )

TOTAL SAVINGS: $79. Take off the toll, and it's $71, or almost $285 a month.

#28 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

I don't even own a passport, so the states are out. I like to put money in my local economy anyhow, not a fan of giving the US my money while we suffer over here. That's another debate though, and we've had it a million times.

I wish I could downsize and not need my van, though our family has only the ONE vehicle right now, as I live close to work and can walk, so that in itself is more efficient. I can't see us ever going smaller though, because we are expecting baby number 3, and I don't see my son ever NOT playing hockey. His equipment takes up so much room, and it's only going to get bigger! lol

#29 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

I don't even own a passport, so the states are out. I like to put money in my local economy anyhow, not a fan of giving the US my money while we suffer over here. That's another debate though, and we've had it a million times.

I wish I could downsize and not need my van, though our family has only the ONE vehicle right now, as I live close to work and can walk, so that in itself is more efficient. I can't see us ever going smaller though, because we are expecting baby number 3, and I don't see my son ever NOT playing hockey. His equipment takes up so much room, and it's only going to get bigger! lol

The economy is unfortunately driving us to shop in the states for cheaper prices.

I will be going to the states to fill up if it means bigger savings for my family.

#30 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

When I lived in Windsor I filled up on gas whenever I went stateside. I don't get why gas is SO much cheaper over there all the time!?

#31 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

I know, I don't get it either. They complain about how bad the prices are, but they haven't even hit the equivalent of $1.00 yet.

It is consistently around 30-35 cents cheaper per liter than it is here.

#32 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

It sucks for those who have to drive, but a spinoff benefit may be that people will cut back on how much they drive, and also think about getting fuel-efficient vehicles next time they get a vehicle. When my kids were younger dh and I had a van because it was almost a necessity, but when the kids were out of car seats (well, my son is still in a booster seat, but that doesn't take up much room) and didn't have all their baby gear to tote around, we switched to a car. Also, right now hubby has no choice but to drive to work; he's not close enough to bike, bus, or walk to work, but if he was closer I'd be strongly encouraging him to bike. He probably wouldn't because he'd rather pay more $$ than be inconvenienced, but not everyone is the same way. If it was me working outside the home I'd be trying to set up a carpool, but that's not his thing either. I'm the frugal treehugger in the family lol.

It does suck that so much driving is necessary out here...yesterday I had to drive out to your neck of the woods just to go to walmart & food basics. We tend to do most of our shopping at the local grocery store as it takes so much time/gas to hit 'real' stores. I never realized how lucky we were living in Windsor, especially with the border right there.

Thankfully we will have no problem with two kids in our car even with gear. If it wasn't so cold I would definitely be making Rob find other means to work (he WILL be biking at least a couple days a week in the spring/summer), unfortunately the bus isn't much cheaper & it restricts his hours. He does carpool with our neighbor though.