7 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Would you ever switch to having your SO be the stay at home?
I have the very funny movie Mr. Mom with Michael Keaton. I was thinking of how he switched roles with his wife and he stayed home and she went to work.
How would your SO be at being the care taker of the house and kids?
Could they be just as good as you?
Would you like to work and be happy with letting someone else take care of the things you do?
Would they be willing to switch?

#2 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

we did this,and Im pretty sure this was the number two reason why we split up.never ever again!!two people contributing means less fights

#3 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

The kids would be fine and well taken care of, my house on the other hand could get pretty scary...he seems to have a problem multitasking & doesn't manage cleaning up meals & messes while also playing with dd very well. He can clean well but is super slow at it & he can't do other things at the same time.

#4 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

The kids would be fine and well taken care of, my house on the other hand could get pretty scary...he seems to have a problem multitasking & doesn't manage cleaning up meals & messes while also playing with dd very well. He can clean well but is super slow at it & he can't do other things at the same time.

This exactly! A Wonderful, wonderful father but no the ability to focus on both the child(ren) and other things that are needed at the same time.

#5 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

I think my SO would be an awesome sahd... but I think the only thing that wouldn't be that great is the meals, besides breakfast. He can't cook very much of anything besides breakfast foods! lol. I love being a sahm too much to ever really try it out though. I'm happy where we're at and how the dynamics work in our home at the moment. :)

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

My dh does work part time, but he does a lot of the caregiving portion. I work part time as well, but with 12 hour shifts it takes me away a lot and he is right there to pick up the slack. It works well for us.

#7 Cathy

Cathy

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Well my DH has been at home for four years now. The kids are taken care of very well, as for the house well he does a good job keeping it tidy. he does also make dinner most nights and laundry too.

#8 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

this