4 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

20 Secrets from a stay at home mom: post #3 I decided to post more than 2 secrets.

5. People will say, "Well, its not like you're working or anything" just moments before they a) sign you up for lame volunteer duties at your child's school, b) dump their own brats on your doorstep, or c) redirect all their home deliveries to your front door (even the fertilizer order).

6. Cleaning the house is not a problem, keeping it clean is. If the house is as clean at the end of the day as it was when you started, you win.

7. You cannot be late for anything, or with anything. You have nothing else to do.

8. Your perceived intelligence drops by at least 50 IQ points. You may have run the computer science department at MIT before you decided to stay at home, but two weeks into the new job and your kids will be asking Dad for help on the family computer.

9. You have no excuse for not exercising.

10. You have no excuse for not eating a healthy lunch.

#2 Guest_rjblankets_*

Guest_rjblankets_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

I just want to clarify....these are suppose to be funny right?

#3 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yes they are suppose to be funny. So far they are not.

#4 Guest_rjblankets_*

Guest_rjblankets_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

I think these are comments/opinions from someone who is not a SAHM who believe that ALL SAHM's watch soaps and eat bonbons from the moment we wake up (between 4-6:30am) until we head to bed (11pm-2am). Just my opinion of course. I find it very odd that instead of these "funny comments" bein, well, funny, they're actually kind of degrading and minimizes what we as SAHM's do. The majority of our dhs (I know mine does anyway) highly value what we do within the home, and actually prefer us to be at home raising our children with the values that we as parents hold very dear to us. Once again, just my opinion. :)

#5 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

I didn't find the comments funny either. I did find the degrading the same as you did. My husband has always supported my choice to stay at home or go to work. I was always my choice to either. I haven't seen a soap since I was pregnant with my son. I rarely turn on the tv during the day before 4pm or even later. What the heck is a bonbon anyways?