20 secrets - stay at home mom
Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:13 AM
12. The minute you resign form your old position, they promote it to a higher level, increase the salary and bestow a fabulous new title on that b*tch who took over from you.
13. Your husband either a) shirks all domestic duty, which makes you mad, or b) doesn't shirk any, making you feel guilty. Yay! Something new to fight about!
14. Your children expect you to be at their beck and call. Even in the middle of an emergency manicure, one is expected to drop everything and rush to the school over a perceived "sore stomach."
15. You now have time to launder the sheets.
16. Even after 5 p.m., drinking with only children in the house is still considered to be "drinking alone." What, you had a hard day or something?
17. Your children are no better behaved simply because you're the primary caregiver now. In fact, most often, they're worse.
18. If you dress nicely, neighbours are suspicious. If you dress like a slob, you've let yourself go. If you dress too old, you're middle-aged before your time. If you dress too young, you're a slut.
19. Teachers expect you to be on top of the notes they send home.
20. You're not supposed to be too tired for sex anymore.
Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:15 PM
but..ha ha ha
Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:26 PM
oh haha...I didn't write them. I found them in an article. I don't think they are funny but I thought I'd share anyhow. If anything I was hoping for some talk of cliches and maybe some belittling of them. But no one really said anything about this set or the 1st ten.
but..ha ha ha
I know you didn't write them Athena
She seems very bitter about being home, and I'd hate for that to bleed into her family.
The are pros and cons to both wohm/sahm, but you've got to make the best out of it and appreciate the positives.
Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:12 PM
Yes that woman seems really unhappy with being at home. I hope that she doesn't let it affect her family.
I've been fortunite to be able to be at stay at home and also a working mom and there are positives on both sides. Just as there are negatives to both as well. The trick is to find the balance of whichever you chose.