Does your dog sleep on the bed?

#2 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

My dog never slept on my bed until dh was away quite a bit for job training and then I started letting him sleep on the bed. However, once I got a new bedframe last year my bed was then too high for the dog to get up and down off it on his own. Now I also have one of those memory foam toppers on my bed so there is absolutely no way he can get up on my bed on his own and he'd probably break a leg if he tried to jump down from my bed if I put him up on it.

#3 ShannonC

ShannonC

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Yeah, my dog usually jumps in bed with DD until me and DH go to bed and then she usually sleeps at the foot of ours. She's pretty small and really old and she just loves being snuggled up in the blankets.

#4 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

OH YEAH they both do, which is totally hilarious ! ! ! DH, the two dogs and me. I tell DH that is is good thing I have a big a$$ as that is the only way I can guarantee a space on our DOUBLE bed, as I have to lay on my side for all of us to fit in bed. BUT of course, DH sleesps on his back and spreads his thin-self out. Thankfully both dogs are usually only in bed when we first go to bed and about 15 minutes later one or both are on the floor on their own beds. But they rotate from the floor to the bed during the night. I was glad for it when DH moved to Green Bay about 4 month before us and it was just me, the kids, and the dogs in our neighborhood 2 blocks from the Detroit border. I had no fear, as I knew Moose would hear everything.

My friends constantly remind me about my position on dogs in the bed and how I would always say I woulnd't allow it. How times change (LOL).

Wendy - - We had to buy stairs for our Bischon-mix to get up on our bed (LOL).

#5 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Nope, never. He sleeps in his own bed every night.

#6 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

No, No, No, No.....she sleeps in her crate!

The cats I've had on the other hand. There was no keeping them Off the bed!

#7 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Wendy - - We had to buy stairs for our Bischon-mix to get up on our bed (LOL).

Dh would flip out if I bought the dog stairs to get onto the bed lol. It's okay, I bought a little rug just for the dog to lay on the floor at the foot end of the bed so he knows to go there at bedtime.

#8 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

The stairs ARE DH's idea ! ! ! I swear the dogs are more spoiled then the kids (LOL) ! ! !
Although I do love taking a nap and having them snuggle into my lower back. Moose (Austrailian-Border-Lab) is a hugger, so he has to hug before he lays down. While Patches (Bischon-mix) is my feet warmer and has to use my feet as his pillow.

We bought them these huge fluffy beds that are next to our beds and for the majority of the night they are there, but they like to rotate between the floor and our bed.

I seriously swore I would NEVER allow a dog in bed and now I have two of them (LOL).

#9 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

I seriously swore I would NEVER allow a dog in bed and now I have two of them (LOL).

I used to say the same thing, but when my bed was lower I didn't mind having the dog in the bed at all. He's a tiny little guy, so he doesn't take up much room.

#10 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

No, No, No, No.....she sleeps in her crate!

I like this answer

#11 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

yes. that way I get to sleep without listening to anyones whining but my own.

#12 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Our new dog sleeps with me and dd. I never thought I would allow such a thing but he is a small dog and he cries if he can't be with me. I dont know what it is. I am the only one is the house who is not a dog person but yet he clings to me. He is lucky he is cute and has grown on me lol

#13 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Our new dog sleeps with me and dd. I never thought I would allow such a thing but he is a small dog and he cries if he can't be with me. I dont know what it is. I am the only one is the house who is not a dog person but yet he clings to me. He is lucky he is cute and has grown on me lol

When my pup was new to us he would cry at night... poor little thing. We brought his crate into our room and put it right next to our bed and he felt comfort knowing someone was right there and stopped whining, but never got used to sleeping with us. After a couple nights we moved the crate back to where it normally went and he was fine. He still sleeps alone in his own bed every night without any issues!