4 replies to this topic

#1 JeepMom

JeepMom

aka JeepFreak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Was driving up Campbell, by Curry and was the third car back and a poor little kitty tried to cross the road. We stopped just in front and I dashed out to moved him and assess him....poor thing passed just after I moved him. He was a brown and white male neutered tabby, no collar. I called the Humane society and they picked him up (unfortunately I couldnt with a van full of kids) The guy that hit him was almost in tears, there was nothing he could have done. I wish people would not let their cats outside....he was obviously someones pet. Makes me come home and hug my fur babies a little tighter tonight.

#2 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Aww, poor little thing.

I have two cats and the one constantly tries to get outside but I don't let him even though he is neutered and still has his claws, it's just too dangerous because of vehicles, other animals, and also people who might hurt him (not to mention that I know from experience that other people's cats on your own property can be really bothersome).

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

:( Cities with busy roads are just no place for outdoor kitties. We have a kitty condo so our four can get some fresh air and enjoy the sun andthey are happy withthat. I lost two cats to traffic when LaSalle shifted from being a rural town and it ended the age of outdoor cats for me.

#4 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

That's why mine has a leash and harness, and is still never brought out unattended. It would kill me if I let something happen to him :(

#5 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

at least it didn't cause an accident.