21 replies to this topic

#1 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Please don't criticize me for letting my cat out doors, thanks :)

But she goes out to play with her friends and comes right back in. Usually -___-

Anyway she is in my front yard tree. It's a huge pine tree. She's maybe about 25-30 feet up :( She's been there since yesterday early aftn. Called a couple tree companies but no one likes to answer??!!

Anyway does anyone know of someone who rescues kitties from trees? Not calling the fire dept. how embarrassing!! Please let me know here or PM.. pricing also. Im scared this is gonna cost me a fortune -__-

Thank You!!! :( :(

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I wonder if you call the humane society if they can direct you to someone that can help

#3 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

I called Prof. Tree Service and they are going by to take a look! He was very nice, hopefully this cat wont break my bank lol.. -_________-

#4 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I wonder if you call the humane society if they can direct you to someone that can help

Didn't think of calling them. I will if this company cannot get her. Cat is grounded though, no more playing with her friends :(

#5 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

hope you get your kitty back down safe and sound!

#6 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Wow, fast service man! The nice guy came by within like 20 mins, called me right away when he got to my house, (not at home ATM), said he can get her down, told me $$ and said he will have her down by the end of the day. He is coming by in a couple hours. Thank God.. Cat Whisperer couple houses down said she will come down on instinct when she is hungry, but its been over 24 hrs, she is not coming down. She keeps going higher -___-

Cat is grounded. For life.

#7 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

usually they will come down when they get hungry. If it were my cat I'd likely be getting worried after 24hrs. I'd wait her out one more night though. I'm just plain old mean! LOL

#8 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

I can't wait another night.. it's cold and she's gotta be hungry and probably needs to go pee and poop lol.. I have a feeling she ISNT going to come down on her own anyway.. she is pretty high up there, like almost 30 feet.. past the hydro wires -__- Anyway the guy is coming in about an hour to get her out.. damn thing lol

#9 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

You let your cat outside?? You are what is wrong with this city and the mongrel animals roaming the streets.

grrr.

<3

#10 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

I know I know! She is totally fixed though! I hate to let her out, I really do, but she got out the one time and begs to go out again and again. She "usually" stays in the back yard and plays with the other 2 cats from the lady couple doors down. They are also fixed and flea controlled, etc. They are good cats (did I just say that??) anyway, she was in the front yard for some reason and got spooked and ran up the damn tree. There's only a couple cats that roam around, it's not crazy like some spots in Windsor. Plus she comes in at night. But she's grounded now, she lost her outside privileges :p Im not doing this again! It's embarrassing lol

And believe me, I hate seeing cats roam around. Hate it! But I know my cat is fixed, she's not going to get knocked up. She's got her claws. Even though we don't live on a busy street I am worried about her getting hit. :( But wtf do you do when the cat wont stop meowing to go outside lol.. ah well..

#11 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

LOL!! I'm just kidding. We have a roamer here, not OUR cat, but we do kinda take care of it. I was just teasing!

#12 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

when she is at the door meowing to go out use a spray bottle to spray her and say no. she'll get the hint lol

#13 Trass

Trass

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

so is kitty safe and sound now?

#14 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

And believe me, I hate seeing cats roam around. Hate it! But I know my cat is fixed, she's not going to get knocked up. She's got her claws. Even though we don't live on a busy street I am worried about her getting hit. :( But wtf do you do when the cat wont stop meowing to go outside lol.. ah well..

I'm not going to diss you for letting your kitty out, especially since she does still have her claws and is fixed, but just wanted to say that my one cat meows all the time at the door and even paws at the windows to get out and I don't let him. He actually waits right by the door too when he knows someone is about to go out or come in, just so he can try to slip out quickly. I do let the kids take him outside sometimes on a leash, in the yard only, but I don't let him run the neighbourhood ever. When he whines to go outside I just ignore it and when he escapes out I let him eat a few blades of grass and then bring him back in, unless I have the time to sit outside with him to make sure he stays put in the yard and out of trouble.

#15 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Kitty is safe and sound, thank you for asking! :) she smells of fresh pine though..

Dana: totally knew you were kidding :)

#16 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Good to hear she is home and well!

#17 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

I'm not going to diss you for letting your kitty out, especially since she does still have her claws and is fixed, but just wanted to say that my one cat meows all the time at the door and even paws at the windows to get out and I don't let him. He actually waits right by the door too when he knows someone is about to go out or come in, just so he can try to slip out quickly. I do let the kids take him outside sometimes on a leash, in the yard only, but I don't let him run the neighbourhood ever. When he whines to go outside I just ignore it and when he escapes out I let him eat a few blades of grass and then bring him back in, unless I have the time to sit outside with him to make sure he stays put in the yard and out of trouble.

Feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who brings my cat out on a leash LOL. I get a lot of strange looks, so this is rather comforting lmao.

Even still I want to get him microchipped. I get heartbroken just thinking of him accidently getting out, and not coming home :(

Glad your kitty is ok OP, and after her harrowing tree adventure you might get lucky and she doesn't feel the need to roam so much lol.

#18 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who brings my cat out on a leash LOL. I get a lot of strange looks, so this is rather comforting lmao.

I have a little kitty harness and leash and even then he can still wiggle out of it sometimes, but at least it gives the kids and I a way to safely bring him outside sometimes, though it does look funny for sure.

#19 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

I have a little kitty harness and leash and even then he can still wiggle out of it sometimes, but at least it gives the kids and I a way to safely bring him outside sometimes, though it does look funny for sure.

An escape artist eh? Lol. Mine (thankfully) hasn't gotten out of his harness ever, as he comes camping with the family, and that would be a disaster. But he loves coming out to bbq with me, or hanging out while the kids are playing.

#20 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

My Meme has a harness and leash for her cat. It's funny to see lol. Im going out this weekend and getting my cat one. I hate to ground her for life, so that is my best option. She likes to be outside...

#21 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

My Meme has a harness and leash for her cat. It's funny to see lol. Im going out this weekend and getting my cat one. I hate to ground her for life, so that is my best option. She likes to be outside...

It's a great compromise (with you and your kitten of course!) lol. They get the fresh air/grass nibbling/some frolicking and you get peace of mind :)

#22 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

cut down the tree? oh wait you want to SAVE the cat?? oops sorry LOL