11 replies to this topic

#1 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

My dog is 3 she got spayed yesterday and tonight all of a sudden she started bleeding I am so scared it is wrapped by the walker rd vet but I don't have 1000 to have him look please pray that it stays fine til 8am when the vet that spayed her can look at her

#2 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

It shouldn't be 1000 to have him look at it?

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

The walker clinic should cost about $80 just to walk through the door. Post surgical bleeding isnt uncommon, but its not something that should be ignored since it is possible for an animal to bleed to death. Did you call after hours? They are usually pretty good in these types of situations.

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

((HUGS)). I imagine he suggested opening her up to look if it was 1000. That means they didn't think it was just skin bleeders then right? Skin bleeders are extremely common and some pressure on them usually stops them. I also know that at Walker Rd Ani. Hosp. they will give you all your options. For any oozing incision one option is to open them up and check to see if it is something inside.

call you regular vet ASAP. They should be willing to deal with any complications from surgeries they did.

Hoping she is nothing major and she is feeling better today.

Keep her super, super quiet for sure....outside to potty on leash, no playing, no jumping on/off couch though.

#5 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

The bleeding stopped over night and I didn't let her walk at all til we went to the regular vet at 8 this am it cost me 40 to just get it bandaged I am a wreck waiting to hear what the plan is thank you all for your thoughts

#6 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

I hope everything is ok.

#7 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Got the call from the vet all is good it was just a blood vessel but man that was scary thank you for all the thoughts I will be going to get her at 230

#8 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Glad she is well. That is the "usual" thing. Skin bleeders are extremely common. But, it is better to be safe. Especially when the dog is "mature". There is a higher chance of bleeding from the "stumps" where the uterus is removed.

ETA...suture line bleeders are much more common in mature dogs also. They have more fat under the skin, more small vessels and therefore more vessels to possible bleed.

Edited by Trea, 13 April 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#9 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

So happy your doggie is ok! It really sucks when there is something wrong with our fur babies :(

#10 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

aw poor pup glad it turned out ok. bleeding from incision areas are pretty common that's why they try to get them to stay as quiet as possible... but try to tell a dog that. lol did you end up taking him back to whoever did it to re check him? wouldn't that be part of the fee if any complications occur to call them back?

#11 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Ya I took her she is fine thanks

#12 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Glad your furbaby is doing ok. Its really scary when our children (human & fur) get hurt or sick.