11 replies to this topic

#1 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I finally caved on the whole dog thing. Ds was wanted one forever.

Here he is he is a 2yr old Shorkie (says the lady but he looks like just Yorkie to me)
His name is Coffee.
Posted Image

#2 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Very cute!

#3 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

awwwwwwwwwww so cute!! plus you don't have to go through the puppy stage lol enjoy your new furr baby!!

#4 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Yes I am happy to skip the puppy stage. I was specifically looking for a little bit older dog. With dd I wouldn't really have time to train a puppy. But to the kids he is a puppy since he is small lol.

But he is very well behaved. He had went to doggie school. He knows a ton of commands and tricks, doesn't bark, very laid back and great with the kids. The kady who owned him before took very good care of him

#5 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

omg he is so darn cute!!! and i LOVE his name!

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

omg he is so darn cute!!! and i LOVE his name!

i laughed when she told us his name, I said he will fit right in LOL

#7 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

But he is very well behaved. He had went to doggie school. He knows a ton of commands and tricks, doesn't bark, very laid back and great with the kids. The kady who owned him before took very good care of him

He's absolutely adorable! Why was she rehoming him? He sounds like the perfect dog!

#8 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Congrats!

#9 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

He's absolutely adorable! Why was she rehoming him? He sounds like the perfect dog!

I am pretty sure she was a college student, on her own. I dont think she had much time for him or couldnt afford to care for him. I didn't really ask because she was really sad to see him go. When we brought him down to put him in the van she couldn't even look back as she went back in the apartment. Made me cry

#10 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I am pretty sure she was a college student, on her own. I dont think she had much time for him or couldnt afford to care for him. I didn't really ask because she was really sad to see him go. When we brought him down to put him in the van she couldn't even look back as she went back in the apartment. Made me cry

I bet she was happy he was going to a good home though. I've had a dog and a cat in the past that I've rehomed and I actually went to visit them each once when they were in their new homes for piece of mind. I let the person know who I gave the pets to that that was a condition and they had no problem with it. The dog I visited and the woman said he had become a big baby and slept with her son every night and the cat I rehomed was happy as could be because the woman let him out in the back yard to lounge around and he loved it!

#11 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

What a cute dog!

#12 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators