3 replies to this topic

#1 hismineours

hismineours

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm moving for May 1st and cannot bring my 2 cats with me. My mom has already offered to take my cats, but she is leaving on vacation this wednesday and wont be back until May 11th, so she is willing to take them, but can't bring them home until the 12th. I can not bring them to my new house for the time that she is gone as my boyfriends son is VERY allegic to cats. I'm trying to find someone that would be willing to "cat sit" from April 30th until my mom can pick them up on the 12th. I of course would supply their food, treats, toys and litter box. Please let me know if anyone would be interested or knows someone who pet sits in this kind of situation.
thanks!!

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hope you can find someone! Just some FYI that is going to be very stressful on the cats. You may find one (or both) starts to urinate outside the litterbox. That is how most cats show displeasure/stress. If this happens get him/her to the vet ASAP. There is an anti-anxiety med for cats. If you wait too long, it will become a habit and not be easy to deal with. Most cats only need the med 3-6mo but, some who have had it become habit wind up on meds the rest of their lives. I have even had one client, who knew her cat stressed, start the meds a month before she moved.

#3 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

aw poor kitties... but, ya gatta do what ya gatta do

#4 hismineours

hismineours

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Thank you for that info on the stress. I'll keep that in mind if it does happen. Its a crappy situation, but I'm just glad my mom is able to take them in the long run as my children will still be able to see them. Getting rid of them would have been very hard.