He's a 1.5y/o retriever/lab/am. bulldog mix and he is the absolute sweetest! We're rescuing him from the Humane Society where he was surrendered for being "too much work." He's energetic, but has no behavioural issues and is great with kids and those of the feline variety.
I'm so excited to go an pick him up tomorrow! DD is so in love with him. They shared all kinds of kisses at the Humane Society during the meet and greet. I'm really looking forward to showing this handsome boy a loving family.
I do have a couple questions for veteran owners:
1) has anyone used grooming services at petsmart. We're looking to have a basic groom done regularly to try and keep allergens at bay - shampoo, brushing, nail trim etc. I was just wondering on the cost for a medium sized dog. I know prices vary by breed, just thought I'd try to get a range.
2) Does anyone have recommendations for groomers outside of petsmart?
3) Are there still dog parks in the Windsor area? Any links or info is appreciated.
4) Has anyone had any success with allergen reducing shampoos (I have allergies, but refuse to let it stand in my way of pets!)
5) Once he's settled I'd like to get him set up with some doggy pals! (PM me if interested)
6) Anyone have any recommendations for basic obedience training?
Thanks for the info!
Edited by Ellivort, 28 April 2012 - 08:05 PM.