6 replies to this topic

#1 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

I think I am officially am a dog person lol. Okay well maybe I am just a dog person for my dog. I originally got Coffee for dh and the kid as a surprise. They have been after me forever to get a dog. I never thought I would get so attached to him. I cant imagine not having him here. He is cute, funny and super sweet. Best of all he is my buddy. I think dh is a little jealous that Coffee listens to me more and follows me everywhere hahaha. He is my little suck.

#2 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

My hubby isnt a dog person at all. He HATES dogs.. I guilt tripped him into the dog and used the kid as my excuse lol He said the other day "well you know, he is a good dog" lol

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

I feel blessed that my s/o is as much of an animal person as me. I could not imagine life without a dog ( or cat, or bird, or rabbit...lol).

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I laugh every time I hear somebody say this. I've had countless clients that would never own a dog (or a cat, either way) who eventually go out and get one. Some people are just "pet" people and it doesn't matter the pet.

I, on the other hand am an "animal" person. I love to have animals around. It is the reason I got the chickens! The animal/farm girl in me demanded I have more than "just" a dog lol.

#5 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

Love this! I've only had my boy home for 1 day and I love him. He's sweet and cuddly, listen well and follows me. I just can't believe someone gave him up, but their loss has been my families gain. He's great with DD and our kitty. So many people won't adopt from the humane because they think they have a lower class of animals, but our Medic is 100% the reason why everyone should consider adopting from the Humane!

#6 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

When I met DH he favored cats while I favored dogs (would choose horses, but no room).
Well, he had a cat that came to the house and I had a dog that came to the house and they got along really well, so I gave his cat a try and he gave my dog a try. Through the course of our lives together we have had dogs: Blackie, Sassy, Daisy, and now Patches and Moose ~ ~ Cats: Blossom, Kitty, Fluff, and now Midnight.
Patches and Moose are border collie mixes, so they follow either my DH or I where ever we go. I wish I had the use of my arms to train Moose to agility, as this dog catches things in mid air, can stop on a dime, and I think it would burn off some of his energy.

:offtopic
Trea, I would love to be able to have chickens and etc but unfortunately, our living arrangements have always been where City Zoning has taken precedent. Although here in Green Bay, there are quite a few chicken "farms". They have to petition the neighbors, but none of the neighbors mind what with fresh eggs a couple doors down from their houses (LOL).

When I was a kid, I measured my closet and proved to my Dad that I COULD fit a horse in there ! ! !
I still want a pygmy goat and dwarf cow, but not I have found a half-ass and NO it isn't DH as he is the whole ass ! ! ! My Aunt and Grandmother love these cams and my Aunt found me this link: http://www.marestare.com/cams.php
There is a farm called Half Ass Acres that I really want to visit.

#7 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

I love the name!!!